yconic - Chance at AFM?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chance at AFM?

A photo of AdJan AdJan
Hello!

What are my chances to get into AFM?
I've already confirmed my AFMAA invite on the 31st.

1st Semester:
Advanced Functions (MHF4U) - 93%
Financial Securities (IDC4U) - 95%
English (ENG4U) - 89%
1st Semester Average: 92.3%

2nd Semester Midterm Expection:
Accounting (BAT4M) - 95% (Right now 99%)
Economics (CIA4U) - 97% (Right now 99%)
Calculus (MCV4U) - 93% (Right now 92%)
Expected Midterm Average: 95%

ECs: Manager at McD's plus a part of a couple clubs (finance + sports oriented clubs)

I know to be competitive for FM the average is around 88, yet I didn't expect to do so well in school when I applied in the Fall. I expect my AFMAA to be at least average or better, considering my mark in English.

Maybe I'm just so anxious because I want to go to Waterloo AFM so bad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of mrcass32 mrcass32
You can't get any higher than that, congratulations

How long/hard do you work?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AdJan AdJan
I've actually put a lot of time into my studies this year.

Other than doing my homework (usually 30mins to 1 hour a day), I put about 5 hours of note making a week (that's how I study).

I'm just anxious for Waterloo cause I hear they're so selective. When they want you to come to their university to write a couple essays, you know they're serious about picking well rounded individuals.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
You should be fairly set, tbh. Don't worry about it. Just relax, and keep doing what you've been doing. And yeah, make sure you do well on your AFMAA. You should be fine. That's pretty impressive (like the amount you study). I wish I was as dedicated as you are in high school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@SUMmer123456 wrote
You should be fairly set, tbh. Don't worry about it. Just relax, and keep doing what you've been doing. And yeah, make sure you do well on your AFMAA. You should be fine. That's pretty impressive (like the amount you study). I wish I was as dedicated as you are in high school.

100% this. Stay focused, and don't let your marks drop because you think you're set. But judging by your work ethic, I doubt that will happen.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AdJan AdJan

@caveman wrote

@SUMmer123456 wrote

100% this. Stay focused, and don't let your marks drop because you think you're set. But judging by your work ethic, I doubt that will happen.

Haha I don't plan to slow down at least until midterms go in. :D

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of w18 w18
Are you going for FM or PA?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AdJan AdJan

@w18 wrote
Are you going for FM or PA?

FM.
Was this helpful? Yes 0