yconic - Chance for Schulich (I'm not trolling...)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chance for Schulich (I'm not trolling...)

A photo of JumboJet JumboJet
I don't post here very much but I have been lurking a lot during the past month and I think I've come across just about every prospective Schulich student on this forum.

I just received my first semester marks and I am a little worried as they've turned out lower than I was expecting. So what do you think my chances of acceptance to the BBA is with the following marks?

Advanced Functions: 85 (my biggest concern at the moment - I was aiming for a 90..)
English: 90
French: 95
Accounting: 96

Supplementary Info: I think my ECs would be considered strong with three creative essays, work experience and key club involvements.

----

Now that gives me an average of 91.5%

I'm estimating that this will not be good enough for the first round of acceptances. I think I'm panicking just a bit too much and I really need to look at the bigger picture, especially considering that I have an easier course load for second semester. I think I'm just worried that if I don't make the first round of acceptances, I'll totally be done for.

I've heard that > 92.0% would be a 'safe' average to have. Does this seem realistic?

Okay, I'm done ranting my frustrations. If you're still reading this, could you please share some opinions or feedback?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of dancecubed dancecubed
The only thing we can do is guess whether or not you'll be accepted. I don't want to say what way this will go, but, at the moment, you should have some tea and relax. :) You're going to be dealing with enough to get your next semester midterm marks high, so just focus on what's ahead of you instead of your past marks.

Cheers!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
probably will get in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
i also think u have good chances of getting in -luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0