yconic - Chance me for Schulich, Western/Ivey, Rotman, Queen's
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chance me for Schulich, Western/Ivey, Rotman, Queen's

A photo of detartrated detartrated
Like the title says, please tell me whether I have a good chance at these programs, and possibly what I need to do to improve.

Current marks, ordered high-low (non-semestered school):

BAT4M1 - 97
BOH4M1 ~ 93
IDC4U1 ~ 90
ENG4U1 ~ 87
CIA4U1 - 76
MHF4U1 (semestered with MCV4U1) - 75

Top 6 average ~ 86.3
Predicted average by Feb ~ 91.3

Definitely plan on getting CIA4U1 up to at least 85, but my teacher's a really hard marker. Also plan on getting MHF4U1 up to at least 85 as well, but if worse comes to worse, I'll retake it privately and get a 2nd midterm mark before the first OUAC marks transmission date.

I also have fair extracurriculars, and what I believe to be above average writing skills.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Schulich - 91.3 is risky depending on your supplementary and your EC's. How are your extracurriculars? Ideally, get your top 6 average to 92+.
Definitely retake advanced functions if you need to. Schulich takes the highest mark, but you'll need to explain why you retook it. Try to get English to 90 too. Another note - you're not taking calc or data? You know one of those is a requirement for admission right?

Ivey - average is fine; it really depends on how you sell your extracurriculars.

Rotman - Should be fine.

Queen's - again, what are "fair" extracurriculars? Care to elaborate?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of detartrated detartrated

@aeryn wrote
Schulich - 91.3 is risky depending on your supplementary and your EC's. How are your extracurriculars? Ideally, get your top 6 average to 92+.
Definitely retake advanced functions if you need to. Schulich takes the highest mark, but you'll need to explain why you retook it. Try to get English to 90 too. Another note - you're not taking calc or data? You know one of those is a requirement for admission right?

Ivey - average is fine; it really depends on how you sell your extracurriculars.

Rotman - Should be fine.

Queen's - again, what are "fair" extracurriculars? Care to elaborate?

Thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated :)

I'll definitely have a 92+ if I retake it privately, but I'm worried other programs will look down upon retaking courses even more than just explaining why. I'm actually taking both of those - calculus is semestered with advanced functions, and I'm taking data but it's by far my lowest mark right now so I plan on dropping it.

Extracurriculars / other achievements:
Volunteered for a not-for-profit organization over the summer
Participant of the Junior Achievement company program for 4 years
Not sure if this would count - I took piano lessons for 5+ years but quit about a year ago
Sudoku Club president
Canadian Cancer Society member
Wildlife Conservationist Council member
DECA member; top 10 written score at regional competition
Participant of various conferences and achieved several other awards
Plan on getting the Duke of Edinburgh's gold award, only missing the residential project requirement
Was this helpful? Yes 0