yconic - Chance me please + few questions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chance me please + few questions

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Grade 11 and 1st sem grade 12
Econ: 84
Business Leadership: 86
English: 86
Adv. Functions: 84
Accounting: 90
Avg: 86.0%

2 semester (midterm predict)
1. French: 98
2. Spanish 92
3. Calc: 90
Avg: 93.3%

TOP 6 AVG: 90.2%

I haven't gotten accepted anywhere yet. What would you say are my chances for Western Ivey, Rotman Commerce, McGill, and Waterloo/Laurier Math BBA Double D?

And a couple of questions:
1. For the waterloo/laurier double d.. If they reject me, would I get a counter offer for just the bba or not?
2. Am I unlucky that I had my most difficult courses first semester? Because by the time they see my midterms, most unis probably already send out a ton of applications right? Does that make sense?
3. How come that I still haven't been accepted to Western Economics or Medical Sciences? The cutoffs for those programs are 80, and literally everyone I know got in. Is that normal?

Thanks for reading. I'm really worried that's why I have all these questionss
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

With a top 6 average of 90 (predicted), you have a chance at Ivey (will depend on how good your ECs are), a pretty good chance at Rotman (same, ECs), no for McGill (cutoff was 91 last year), and likely not for Waterloo/Laurier DD (unless you have really good ECs).

If you can bump your average up to above 91, that would help.

1. Yes, you will be considered for an alternate offer. I think it depends on which school you put as your home school. If it's Laurier:
BBA/BMath (joint program with University of Waterloo)
1st alternate BBA
2nd alternate Honours Economics
3rd alternate Honours Applied Economics
4th alternate Special Review

2. Don't worry about it.

3. I don't really know much about the program, but it is possible that you are just outside the range for early acceptance. You'll probably get it in April.

I hope my answers will be of assistance to you :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ Thank you sir. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of speedy48 speedy48
Don't worry buddy, I'm in the same boat as you. I had a much higher avg than the cutoff for BMOS and I still haven't gotten an acceptance but all my friends, even with lower avgs have.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

That's good to know :)

I was also wondering what the alternate offers are if applying from the Waterloo side?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Phenon wrote
That's good to know :)

I was also wondering what the alternate offers are if applying from the Waterloo side?

Business Administration (WLU) and Mathematics (UW) Double Degree, Co-op
•Mathematics/Financial Analysis and Risk Management, Regular and Co-op
•Mathematics/Business Administration, Regular and Co-op
•Mathematics, Regular and Co-op

http://findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/admissions/offers.php
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thekidnextdoor thekidnextdoor
@Phenon:

Your average is decent, but what are your ECs like?

No offense, I would say your chances for Waterloo/Laurier Math/BBA Double Degree are pretty low, because they look at your marks more so than your ECs, and it's a highly competitive program.

For schools like Ivey, your ECs are just as important as your marks, so if you have oustanding ECs, you can get by with a slightly lower average. As for the Western Economics or Medical Sciences acceptance, maybe they're just waiting on your midterms to clarify possible issues with your marks.

I'm pretty sure you'll get accepted to Rotman. Just be patient.

As for McGill, I can't really comment.

Hope this helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@Phenon wrote
Grade 11 and 1st sem grade 12
Econ: 84
Business Leadership: 86
English: 86
Adv. Functions: 84
Accounting: 90
Avg: 86.0%

2 semester (midterm predict)
1. French: 98
2. Spanish 92
3. Calc: 90
Avg: 93.3%

TOP 6 AVG: 90.2%

I haven't gotten accepted anywhere yet. What would you say are my chances for Western Ivey, Rotman Commerce, McGill, and Waterloo/Laurier Math BBA Double D?

And a couple of questions:
1. For the waterloo/laurier double d.. If they reject me, would I get a counter offer for just the bba or not?
2. Am I unlucky that I had my most difficult courses first semester? Because by the time they see my midterms, most unis probably already send out a ton of applications right? Does that make sense?
3. How come that I still haven't been accepted to Western Economics or Medical Sciences? The cutoffs for those programs are 80, and literally everyone I know got in. Is that normal?

Thanks for reading. I'm really worried that's why I have all these questionss

I personally think you have a chance in all those programs. Just continue to work hard and be patient.
Was this helpful? Yes 0