yconic - Chance me: WLU BBA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chance me: WLU BBA

A photo of kulinkachhadia kulinkachhadia
Hey there guys, if possible, I was wondering if you would be willing to tell me of my chances in being accepted into the Wilfred Laurier Honours BBA program. Complete honesty would be really appreciated

Grade 11 Marks:

Biology -74
Music - 92
Accounting - 85
English - 87
robotics - 81
Law - 77
Religion - 86
Advanced functions - 61 (What just happened)
Physics - 62 (What really just happened)

Grade 12 Marks-
semester 1:

English - 91
Accounting-90
Music - 95
Advanced functions - 77

semester 2 (projected)

Calculus: 90
Biology:85
religions: 95

I know my marks range a lot :S I haven't heard a definite answer but I have heard that the BBA program cuttoff this year is going to be 88 but that is by no means a definite number.

Super appreciate your input guys :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
Calculate your average and I'll tell you if you'll get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Nick0rz wrote
Calculate your average and I'll tell you if you'll get in.

I'm not exactly sure how they calculate the averages though. I should have specified that the grade 12 semester 2 marks I listed are projected midterm averages.

- (Top 6 grade 11u/m and 12u/m courses including MHF4U without semester 2 marks in calculations ) = 88.67%

- (top 6 grade 12 u/m courses including MHF4U) = 89.67%

Thanks for all the help mate :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Yeah you're fine. I think the cutoff will be closer to 87, but just my opinion.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jelly wrote
Yeah you're fine. I think the cutoff will be closer to 87, but just my opinion.

Thanks for the assurance mate.

By the way, it says the following on their site in regards to admission cycles:

The next round of admission decisions, commencing late March through April, will be based on the best six of a combined final or mid-term Grade 12U, 12M and/or Grade 11U/M (final grade only) average. This average must include a minimum of three Grade 12U and/or Grade 12M final or mid-term marks. In all cases, applicants must meet, or be registered in, the specific Grade 12U course requirements for each program. Please note that students in their fifth year of high school may also receive an Offer based on grades which may include Grade 11 courses. To finalize admission status, all conditions outlined on the Offer of Admission must be successfully met.

I was wondering if you would know if this cycle of admissions calculates averages from a set of 4u/2m course, or does it just take the average of the top 6 including prereqs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
They take all prereqs required for Laurier BBA, then fill in the remaining spots with your top courses.

You should be fine as long as you have some EC's and filled out the ABS.
Was this helpful? Yes 0