yconic - chancellor's nominees
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

chancellor's nominees

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
Who's been nominated for chancellor's scholarship...only reason I asked for a nomination is I heard it is automatic acceptance if you get nominated. I will know if I got selected by tomorrow hopefully.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Ren416 Ren416
to add on to his question, does that only apply to Queen's university or every university? So if you get nominated by your principle, then you're guaranteed a spot?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of akshaypatt akshaypatt
It is not an automatic acceptance to the program, people get nominated from schools all across Canada. They choose who gets the awards from the people who get nominated
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@Ren416 wrote
to add on to his question, does that only apply to Queen's university or every university? So if you get nominated by your principle, then you're guaranteed a spot?

I doubt this is an official policy, just something that happens because the nominees are such strong students.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Chancellor's nominee position will almost definitely guarantee your admission into Queen's. It only applies to Queen's as a university, though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
I'm to submit my forms to my school tomorrow. Are we required to sign up for Queen's through OUAC before submitting Chancellor's? It says that it is not required, but suggested. So is not signing up for Queen's just yet be a bad idea?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QueensCommerceTyler QueensCommerceTyler
I don't know where this rumour came from, but being nominated by your school for teh Chancellor's Scholarship DOES NOT guarantee you a spot at Queen's.

If you receive the Chancellor's Scholarship, then yes, you are also offered a spot at Queen's, but simply being nominated carries no certainties.
Was this helpful? Yes 0