yconic - Chances at Mcgill Commerce with an average of 91.333??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chances at Mcgill Commerce with an average of 91.333??

A photo of slader23 slader23
Just wondering what my chances are...I haven't got rejected or accepted yet..and I know that some people were rejected by the university last week..I come from a pretty reputable private school...not inflated and is known for having elite university applicants...I don't really know how Mcgill assesses the application of each individual applicant but I'm sure its more than grades...any help would be greatly appreciated!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
39 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@slader23 wrote
Just wondering what my chances are...I haven't got rejected or accepted yet..and I know that some people were rejected by the university last week..I come from a pretty reputable private school...not inflated and is known for having elite university applicants...I don't really know how Mcgill assesses the application of each individual applicant but I'm sure its more than grades...any help would be greatly appreciated!

From what I understand the cut-off is 91. In that case you've got a solid chance :)

I've also heard it's 93 but a couple have gotten in with 92's so I'm pretty sure it's 91.

Mind me asking how much tuition is for out of province students? I've heard it was ridiculously high.

Anyways, best of luck to you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy

@slader23 wrote

I'm pretty sure McGill doesn't really care if you're from a private school or public school. As long as you have a high average, you get in automatically because their system works by filtering marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatha93 chatha93
i havent got in yet either and i have a 91.6
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I've heard cut off is now 92 but hope not for you guys, Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KeruiQiu KeruiQiu
i have a 92.5 average and is in ib, can i still get in LOL.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I think the cutoff is still 91% just because the required early acceptance average was 93%...the same as last years...and last years cutoff was 91%....I have heard of some 92%'s being accepted on this forum and also some 90-90.9's being rejected on this forum...so I think there being fairly strict..In any case the average posted on this forum don't really represent the averages of the thousands of applicants that applied to the program this year..so who knows..

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TooSmooth TooSmooth
The minimum to be considered is 91% but apparently they are only excepting 93%+. I got in just last week with a ~93.3% average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
Just got my letter today, that's the onlyyy thing they give? Just a small envelope with a page in it -__-

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@TooSmooth wrote
The minimum to be considered is 91% but apparently they are only excepting 93%+. I got in just last week with a ~93.3% average.

Yea your at the early acceptance average..so I'm thinking basically if your midterm is over 93% or so your instantly in upon the review of your application. For those below 93% (me) they will probably wait until all the 93%+ are accepted and then accept all the spots going systematically from 92.9-91.0 or basically until all the required number of acceptances are filled as they always accept more than there will actually be...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Just got rejected with a 91.33. I thought this average was low for Mcgill but I thought I would get in close to last round because I have a 98 in calc and a 91 in english. Oh well looks like its gonna be Ivey for me!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AzNAssAssIN28 AzNAssAssIN28
seems like mcgill cutoff this year is 92 cause i just got in with a 92.33
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy

@AzNAssAssIN28 wrote

I have the excat same average....and it still says pending...
When did you get in?...ALso just out of curiosity, what does your last name start with?..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy
lol i just checked and i got in as well :) 92.333
seems like it's 92 this year then.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@AzNAssAssIN28 wrote

I'm at 91.333 still haven't received a rejection...If anyone with a 91 point something gets in please tell me...but I guess its inevitable now...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Slowwy wrote

@AzNAssAssIN28 wrote

I have the excat same average....and it still says pending...
When did you get in?...ALso just out of curiosity, what does your last name start with?..

starts with a C, quebec resident status cause i was born there, and top ranked school, but im gonna go to ivey/queens
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I can only speak about Mcgill but I know that having a mark above the cutoff does not ensure acceptance. Guidance at my school and also confirmed by another school stated that McGill does look at the high school if you come from a province that does not have standardized tests. Of course there is no way they know all the schools out there but if they have a history with certain schools producing high calibre students with marks around the cutoff, those kids often get in ahead of kids with even higher marks from schools known to be very easy markers and whose alumni have not met with as much success in Uni as they did in high school.

This was said in the international thread when someone said one of their friends got rejected with a 96% into life sciences...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktownkid wrote
Just got rejected with a 91.33. I thought this average was low for Mcgill but I thought I would get in close to last round because I have a 98 in calc and a 91 in english. Oh well looks like its gonna be Ivey for me!

What Kind of HS do you come from?? Did they need English Proficiency?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blueberry blueberry

@Slowwy wrote
lol i just checked and i got in as well :) 92.333
seems like it's 92 this year then.

if the cutoff is 92.33 does that mean that a student with 92.0 gets accepted? I guess we'll find out soon anyways final acceptances go out on the 20th
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@slader23 wrote
I can only speak about Mcgill but I know that having a mark above the cutoff does not ensure acceptance. Guidance at my school and also confirmed by another school stated that McGill does look at the high school if you come from a province that does not have standardized tests. Of course there is no way they know all the schools out there but if they have a history with certain schools producing high calibre students with marks around the cutoff, those kids often get in ahead of kids with even higher marks from schools known to be very easy markers and whose alumni have not met with as much success in Uni as they did in high school.

This was said in the international thread when someone said one of their friends got rejected with a 96% into life sciences...

True, kid at my school got into health sciences with 89 average
Was this helpful? Yes 0

my average is 92.5 (IB), and i havent gotten in it...and i ALSO forgot my fricking minerva ID T_T so i cant really check.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@AzNAssAssIN28 wrote

@slader23 wrote

You in Ontario?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@AzNAssAssIN28 wrote

@slader23 wrote

You in Ontario?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

uh i think i just got in...i JUST got my rejection letter in my email for mcgill life sci, but in it it said

I understand you have been accepted into another program at McGill University. I hope you will accept that offer of admission and have a successful and rewarding undergraduate experience.

so that must have meant i got into commerce? o.0
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@slader23 wrote

@AzNAssAssIN28 wrote

@slader23 wrote

You in Ontario?

yea
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessiexo jessiexo

@Slowwy wrote

@slader23 wrote

I'm pretty sure McGill doesn't really care if you're from a private school or public school. As long as you have a high average, you get in automatically because their system works by filtering marks.

They look at the program you're in though IB/AP/A-Levels. They also do look at the high school and the courses themselves. (Dad gives lectures there often and asked admissions)
Was this helpful? Yes 0