yconic - Chances at Waterloo Computer Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chances at Waterloo Computer Science

A photo of computerengineer computerengineer
English-76
Advanced Functions-87
Computer Science-90
Calculus and Vectors-85
Philosophy-80
Physics-80

Avg: 83
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Bscit Bscit
To be honest, there is a chance but it isnt that great. Mid 80s is what they ask for and Computer Science is pretty competitive. If you have a really good AIF, I think 80 would be enough. So if your AIF is good, then you should be able to get in. People have gotten in with 83 in the past but i think they wait very long, given Regular instead of Coop, or have good AIFs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of madox madox
I think you'll get accepted. Your math marks are good enough, and english doesn't matter that much. You'll probably get a late offer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of seasharp seasharp

@madox wrote
and english doesn't matter that much. You'll probably get a late offer.

I've heard that they prefer 80%+ in English. No idea if that's true, just what I've heard.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SkylarNoeL SkylarNoeL
Oof, your marks are severely in the low end.

How did you do on the Euclid and CCC? If you get in, it will probably be due to those 2 contests as well as your AIF.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of asad04 asad04

@computerengineer wrote
English-76
Advanced Functions-87
Computer Science-90
Calculus and Vectors-85
Philosophy-80
Physics-80

Avg: 83

The average 2 years ago was mid to high 80's, with that being said it's going to be very hard to get in with that average. If you had a great AIF and good EC's then that may help your case. If you do get an acceptance it will most likely be around mid May. Good luck with your acceptance! Also, try to pull your marks up for finals.

There is a discussion about this in another thread, with an ex UW CS student. He may have more insight than we would so try talking to him.

http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=14684
Was this helpful? Yes 0