yconic - Chances at Waterloo's Math/BBa DD
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chances at Waterloo's Math/BBa DD

A photo of FalseGe FalseGe
Just want to know my chances of being accepted to Math and Business Administration (Double degree) @ Waterloo or Laurier.

English 85
Calculus 91
Physics 93
Francais Langue 83
Math 12 86(final)
Bio 86(final)

for first term marks unless otherwise mentioned.

I'm sure my next term will be better

I have swimming competitively, Starcraft club, and I coach swimming as extra-curriculars. I'm sure I can get decent letters from my teachers and coaches.

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
You're sitting a little below the cutoff, but seeing as you've applied to both programs - it really depends how many applicants there are this year. Do well on the Euclid and you might have a chance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx
Do you need letters of references for the DD?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Try to pull up some of the other marks, or take a few easy credits next semester (international business?), to boost your mark up a bit. I was accepted with an 88 last year, but my EC's were stronger, and I was applying to the CS program.

With an average a % or 2 higher you should get in from WLU. UW is harder to get into, simply because they get more applicants.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen

@xxMoonCakezxx wrote
Do you need letters of references for the DD?

I'm not sure about the WLU side, but for the UW side, you need a reference from a math teacher for any program in the math faculty (obviously including DD). It should be on the AIF, which has yet to come out yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0