yconic - Chances for 2nd sem. mid term ?!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chances for 2nd sem. mid term ?!

A photo of Jason202 Jason202
i still haven't got any response from Schulich and Queens Commerce.

now i am starting to get worried since the seats are almost all filled up and

i only got accepted to my back ups. i know this "chances of me getting in" posts are

stupid.. well my question is that even if you do not get in the first two rounds, as

long as your average meets the requirements would the recruiters consider you for the

last round? (2nd mid term report) i am not here to get postive feedbacks or reassurance.

as long as i can get some legit answers/opinions, it would be much appreciated.

1st semester marks:

Calculus 88%
English 86%
Business Leadership 87%
Data management 80%

2nd semester mid term:

Adv.Function(retake)98%
Financial Sec. 94%
Accounting 92%
Politics 85%

Top 6 Average : 90.83%

oh and i am pretty confident in my E.C. and the essays

thanks for reading :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of idroptotems idroptotems
First off, everyone who has gotten in already has gotten an early acceptance based on their grade 11 marks. You shouldn't be worrying about what "round" you'll get in. My first question is, is financial securities a M or U course? Schulich will only take 2 M courses in your top 6 and will therefore take your data management instead. With a 90.83% I wouldn't say you're in the safe zone. You have a pretty decent shot at schulich but it'll come down to your supplementary and they may take someone else over you because of repeating advanced functions. As for Queens commerce, I cant say as much because I haven't gotten in either. I do know that they look at your supplementary highly. Average wise you're fine for queens. And to answer your main question, yes of course they will consider you for the next rounds. However, they have given out quite a bit of their offers, and it will be more competitive in these rounds to get in. Either way, good luck with your acceptances! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
I think you have a pretty good chance for QC if you wrote the PSE well, although I'd be a little worried about Schulich. Everyone I know who got into Schulich (both BBA or iBBA) had like 93+ averages, although some of them only had 3 or 4 courses done which confuses me lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ankit Ankit

@iliketurtles wrote
I think you have a pretty good chance for QC if you wrote the PSE well, although I'd be a little worried about Schulich. Everyone I know who got into Schulich (both BBA or iBBA) had like 93+ averages, although some of them only had 3 or 4 courses done which confuses me lol.

Don't worry you have a pretty good chance a lot of people with low 90's got into schulich this year. There was one person who got in to iBBA with a 89.5% and BBA with a 90.2%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@Ankit wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

Don't worry you have a pretty good chance a lot of people with low 90's got into schulich this year. There was one person who got in to iBBA with a 89.5% and BBA with a 90.2%.

Weird, I guess they are being a little more lenient this year. Good news for OP though I guess :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ankit Ankit

@iliketurtles wrote

@Ankit wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

Weird, I guess they are being a little more lenient this year. Good news for OP though I guess :)

ya supposedly this year the supp apps are waited at 50% and marks are 50%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@idroptotems wrote
First off, everyone who has gotten in already has gotten an early acceptance based on their grade 11 marks. You shouldn't be worrying about what "round" you'll get in. My first question is, is financial securities a M or U course? Schulich will only take 2 M courses in your top 6 and will therefore take your data management instead. With a 90.83% I wouldn't say you're in the safe zone. You have a pretty decent shot at schulich but it'll come down to your supplementary and they may take someone else over you because of repeating advanced functions. As for Queens commerce, I cant say as much because I haven't gotten in either. I do know that they look at your supplementary highly. Average wise you're fine for queens. And to answer your main question, yes of course they will consider you for the next rounds. However, they have given out quite a bit of their offers, and it will be more competitive in these rounds to get in. Either way, good luck with your acceptances! :)

financial securities is a U course so i have 4 U and 2 M courses :)

yeah i hope so...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
With your grades, it's fine for QC. Now it is all on your PSEs. As for QC, I know majority of offers have not gone out yet and should expect to hear from them soom (Around april - may) so you shouldn't worry about not hearing back from them yet
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4

@Ankit wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

@Ankit wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

ya supposedly this year the supp apps are waited at 50% and marks are 50%.

wow really!? who knew? that's good though! more well-rounded students (y)

@cliffhanger: you accepted queen's then? congratz! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yeah i really hope so~ queens commerce is my first choice :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Powerfoe Powerfoe
Bro EZ you'll beat out those kids who only have 90.8% avg cause you're 90.83
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
not to sound like a prick or anything, but i know someone who had a 90.8% and got rejected from schulich last year. He was the pres of DECA and had some pretty decent ECs. however, he did get into western with ivey aeo status.
good luck (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Powerfoe Powerfoe

@bcd92 wrote
not to sound like a prick or anything, but i know someone who had a 90.8% and got rejected from schulich last year. He was the pres of DECA and had some pretty decent ECs. however, he did get into western with ivey aeo status.
good luck (:

Dude it's okay the OP has average of 90.83 that's much higher than only 90.8 there's a big difference
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Powerfoe wrote

@bcd92 wrote
good luck (:

Dude it's okay the OP has average of 90.83 that's much higher than only 90.8 there's a big difference

if ur gonna troll~ at least make it funny dude
Was this helpful? Yes 0