yconic - Chances for AEO/Queens/Schulich
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chances for AEO/Queens/Schulich

A photo of zivdeu zivdeu
I have quite a few extra courses

Currently have
English - 93
Advanced Functions - 88
Econ - 95
Politics (Canadian) - 94
Data - 98
Philosophy - 88
Calculus next Semester (prob 90 range)

as for E.C.
I was part of competitive sports that competed at provincial, national, and international levels
Work experience as summer camp councilor and lifeguard
Captain of school sports teams
Member of a bunch of clubs
Also I went to Highschool in a different country for one year and speak a secondary language

Is it problematic that I pretty much only have sports EC's? Most of my free time is spent training really don't have time for other activities...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of aeryn aeryn
I think you'll get into all three schools.
Your EC's are fine; it's just a matter of how well you can bs about it in the supplementary and sell yourself. For example, there's a lot about leadership/communication/dedication that you can say from your experience as captain of sports teams.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrybloosm sherrybloosm
Based on the grades and ecs you just indicated, you'll most likely get AEO if you know how to write decently, and know how to articulate yourself in those essays. I doubt it’s a problem that all your ecs are sports related. Ivey admission staff is more interested in the quality of your ecs (what you did in the indicated activities).
Queens is a lot more selective than Ivey. You already have a competitive average, so the only thing standing in your way is the quality of your essays. Queens put a lot of weight on those essays, so work hard on them!
I can’t say much for Schuilch since I didn’t apply for it.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RobertTan RobertTan
Shulich and Ivey AEO acceptances are very likely based on your marks and ECs. Just work hard on your Queen's PSE! My friend applied with a 96 average coupled with strong ECs and he got rejected (from Queen's Commerce) haha

Cheers,

Rob
Was this helpful? Yes 0