yconic - Chances for Schulich, Rotman, and UTSC Co-op Management?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chances for Schulich, Rotman, and UTSC Co-op Management?

A photo of ktggirl ktggirl
I'm thinking about applying to these 3 programs and here are my marks:

Midterm:
English - 95
Advanced Functions - 93
Biology - 91

That's a 93 average, and I'm hoping to maintain it until the end of the semester. For semester 2 I've taken Calculus, Economics, Accounting, and Data Management and I'm sure I'll be able to manage a 90+ average.

As for my ECs... I'll be honest, I don't have much. I volunteered in the local library for two years. I was in the club that planned and fundraised for school dances in grade 11, and this year I help out in my school library during lunches and my spare period. It's not a lot but there are some good points about leadership, interactions with people, etc that I think I'll be able to pull out of them, based on some of the things I did in each one.

Overall, where do I stand in terms of getting accepted to Schulich, Rotman, and UTSC Co-op Management? Any info on this would be appreciated!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Rotman/UTSC - you have a good chance of getting into both. If you have weak EC's and you pull of a 90 ish average, there's a chance you'll just get normal UTSC management, but I think you'll get into co-op.

Schulich - really depends on your average and how you sell your EC's. You'll need a 92+ with strong EC's, so aim for 93+ to compensate for your weak extracurriculars.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aeryn wrote
Rotman/UTSC - you have a good chance of getting into both. If you have weak EC's and you pull of a 90 ish average, there's a chance you'll just get normal UTSC management, but I think you'll get into co-op.

Schulich - really depends on your average and how you sell your EC's. You'll need a 92+ with strong EC's, so aim for 93+ to compensate for your weak extracurriculars.

This is sort of off-topic but I noticed you mentioned the regular UTSC management as well. Just to clarify, if you apply for the Co-op Management and don't get accepted, do they automatically offer you a spot in the regular Management program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
If you don't get in co-op, they consider you for a spot in the regular one, but you're not guaranteed one.:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Soccerboy Soccerboy
Okay, got the York number through email. Then went on the website, it says we only have 30 minutes to submit the supplementary form after we see it? Wtf...

shouldn't the supplementary form be found somewhere and then we print it out, and attach it with hardcopy of references?
whats the process this year?

other then recomendation + supplementary form, what else do you submit to Schulich?

thanks!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aeryn wrote
If you don't get in co-op, they consider you for a spot in the regular one, but you're not guaranteed one.:)

Given my low 90s and some ECs, do you think they would offer me a spot in the regular management if I'm rejected from the Co-op one? And I still haven't applied yet so let me clarify this, can you apply to both programs or only one? Thank you for the help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
You apply to only one of them, and I think you'll get a spot :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Alexandra5 Alexandra5
I'm pretty sure you'll get into UTSC Co-op Management. I'm a first year student in the program, and I got accepted with lower marks than you. Just make sure to keep studying hard, and to fill out a good supplementary application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0