yconic - Chances of Acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chances of Acceptance

A photo of goldstorm goldstorm
I am applying to Queens Commerce, Schulich BBA, Laurier BBA, Rotman Commerce, and McMaster Business.
I was wondering what my chances are for acceptance.

My current avg is a low 90. I hope to bring it up to a 92+ for sure though.

Current Marks:
Data: 95
Accounting: 91
Ad Functions: 86

Projected Marks:
Data: 95
Acctg: 93
Functions: 87
English: 93
Economics: 92
Management: 97
Calculus: mid 80

ECs:
DECA: won ribbon at Regionals, advancing to Provincials
Exec at investing club
Numerous Clubs as General Member (i.e. Model UN, Science Club)
80+ Voluntering at community centre
volunteered to teach kids about community hours at school
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Your marks are good enough for all of them. Low 90's are competitive for just about every business program and you are no exception. However, Queen's is a bit of a wild card and depends a lot on your overall presentation of the PSE.

@goldstorm wrote

ECs:
DECA: won ribbon at Regionals, advancing to Provincials

P.S it makes me so very sad, but DECA is such a watered down EC. I would caution to say that it means very little.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nanners Nanners
First of all, you already have the marks for Laurier BBA, Rotman Commerce, and McMaster Business. You essentially will have at least 3 choices. I feel that you have enough extra-curriculars to get into Schulich and Queen's Commerce but it will all depend on how you express yourself in the supplementary. Queen's take their supplementary very seriously by observing your writing skills from your supplementary which is why the cutoff is relatively low for a top business school. For Schulich, 92 was a very safe mark to get into last year and it gave me the impression that they only seem to care about the marks as all of my friends who applied with a 91 average or above last year including me received a letter of admission.

However, with a 92, don't expect early acceptances except from Laurier and McMaster as Queens and Rotman seems to take their sweet time with acceptances last year lool and you need a 93-94% to get early admission

Best of Luck! Hope this helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldstorm goldstorm
Thank you guys for the helpful information :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0