yconic - CHANCES OF ADMISSION FOR UTM COMMERCE WITH A 83-84% AVERAGE?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

CHANCES OF ADMISSION FOR UTM COMMERCE WITH A 83-84% AVERAGE?

A photo of Inquires Inquires
Around midterms I expect to see my average to be around 83-84%.

Their admission states "Mid 80's" ..

I'm worried that I will not receive admission with the average I have.

If anyone can share their knowledge about UTM and their admission that would be greatly appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of Jason202 Jason202
logically 85% would be the average in the safe zone ~ but i think your okay for utm.
ut is very generous in terms of acceptances~ they accept alot of people as much they cut them once they get in lol

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
i got an early acceptance from utm commerce.

my final semester 1 marks were:
90% I. business
90% English
88% Law
66% in A. Functions (repeating this)

Projected average in top 6 is 88%- 93%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of History History
You will get in without a single doubt
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@History wrote
You will get in without a single doubt

Ahh, I hope you're right.

How do you know that for sure though, have you had experiences with UTM and their admission yourself =\?

I just don't want to get my hopes up and not get in, considering the comments above led me to believe I had no chance.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Bump.

Anyone else know anything about UTM and their admissions : / ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of v70 v70
I have low 80's, and received an alternate offer today from UTM for "studies in Business", they'll reconsider my application for BComm after mid-term marks are submitted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I just got accepted to UTM Commerce and I had a 84% average.
Don't worry, you'll most likely get in. Like Jason202 said, UT is very generous. Both my brothers graduated from UT and they told me its very easy to get in - its the staying in thats the difficult part.
Hope this helps and good luck to you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingJW KingJW
I got accepted today aswell. My final average of gr.11 was 81.3% and this year was 85%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of picottj001 picottj001

@KingJW wrote
I got accepted today aswell. My final average of gr.11 was 81.3% and this year was 85%

I got accepted yesterday with an average of 85.8 for semester 1!

My projected average, however, is 88%-90% because of my 99% in French and 93 in calc lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of anthonyt94 anthonyt94
Was there a supplementary application that was needed to be filled out? If not, should I call the admissions office? I had a 93% average the first semester. Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@anthonyt94 wrote
Was there a supplementary application that was needed to be filled out? If not, should I call the admissions office? I had a 93% average the first semester. Thanks.

Not for UTM, but yes for UofT St. George. You will definitely receive admission if you haven't yet.

As for me, I'm still searching for answers about my average and chances of admission. : (
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ohayitsyou ohayitsyou
I got an offer from UTM's commerce program with a 84% first semester average.
My marks are generally high 80's-low 90's, but my advanced functions mark dropped my whole average down....

I'm not sure how UTM's acceptances are, but just letting you know that I got in with an 84%, if that makes you feel any better! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of v70 v70

@ohayitsyou wrote
I got an offer from UTM's commerce program with a 84% first semester average.
My marks are generally high 80's-low 90's, but my advanced functions mark dropped my whole average down....

I'm not sure how UTM's acceptances are, but just letting you know that I got in with an 84%, if that makes you feel any better! :)

You got into Laurier BBA with an 84? I thought their cut-off was higher, did you submit the ABS?
Was this helpful? Yes 0