yconic - Chances of getting in to Rotman Commerce, UTSC Management (Accounting), and Schulich
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chances of getting in to Rotman Commerce, UTSC Management (Accounting), and Schulich

A photo of cocoappleli cocoappleli
Current marks:
English: 84
Data Managemnt: 91
Sports and Entertainment Marketing: 90
Advanced Functions: 97

Predicted marks by the end of January
English: at least 85
Data Management: 93, 94
Sports and Entertainment Marketing: 93, 94
Advanced Functions: 97

Extra curriculars
Volunteer at a hospital
Volunteer at Kids Help Phone
Organized a small fundraising event
Occasionally help out at church with cleaning and organizing small events such as a games night at someone's house
Performed on the school's talent show
Performed on a singing contest
Wrote for the school newspaper
Taking piano lessons
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of LampShade LampShade
How were your grade 11 marks? And it really depends on how well you did your essays as well, those count for a big chunk.

Also would have been really helpful if one of your 90s was in English, rather than sports and entertainment marketing let's say. (Since it's a pre-req, a very important one might I add).

But you're definitely in striking distance if not there already. Just destroy 2nd semester and hopefully your essays!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LampShade wrote
How were your grade 11 marks? And it really depends on how well you did your essays as well, those count for a big chunk.

Also would have been really helpful if one of your 90s was in English, rather than sports and entertainment marketing let's say. (Since it's a pre-req, a very important one might I add).

But you're definitely in striking distance if not there already. Just destroy 2nd semester and hopefully your essays!

My grade 11 marks were pretty good.
What are they looking for in my essays and answers (for UTSC)? How would I show my personality and "something special" to make them accept me?

As for English.... There's no way I can get 90s in that class... I'll try my best to get as high as I can.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LampShade LampShade
Depends, every person has their own style of writing. I know for me, my essay made me seem competent, but most importantly genuine and a good samaritan. On the other hand, my friend made herself look professional, hardworking, and related adjectives. So really depends on which style suits you more!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LampShade wrote
Depends, every person has their own style of writing. I know for me, my essay made me seem competent, but most importantly genuine and a good samaritan. On the other hand, my friend made herself look professional, hardworking, and related adjectives. So really depends on which style suits you more!

So would you say that I should just write how I usually write and just show my true self?

Also, for UTSC Management, should I chose co op or regular? Regular is safer and easier to get in to, while co op is definitely better.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SBStudent SBStudent
Your Grade 11 marks don't matter.

With your current marks and ECs you should be able to get into all of your choices, I don't see why not. Your predicted average should be somewhere around 92, and if you can keep that up for the entire year you'll be good for ALL of the programs you listed (Including Schulich). However, put some work into your essays for your applications. That is also a deciding factor, but it isn't hard.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SBStudent wrote
Your Grade 11 marks don't matter.

With your current marks and ECs you should be able to get into all of your choices, I don't see why not. Your predicted average should be somewhere around 92, and if you can keep that up for the entire year you'll be good for ALL of the programs you listed (Including Schulich). However, put some work into your essays for your applications. That is also a deciding factor, but it isn't hard.

Do the two reference letters for Schulich have to be from the teacher/supervisors for the activities that I wrote on the activity log? What I mean is that do the letters have to prove the things I wrote on the activity log, or can they just be from a teacher, but doesn't prove any activities?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
The letters have to prove two activities on your activity log. As the application states, you need reference letters that substantiate two activities in your activity log. If you can't find the teacher who supervised the activity, maybe try finding a teacher that knows you participated in that activity and knows what you did.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aeryn wrote
The letters have to prove two activities on your activity log. As the application states, you need reference letters that substantiate two activities in your activity log. If you can't find the teacher who supervised the activity, maybe try finding a teacher that knows you participated in that activity and knows what you did.

The thing is that I usually participate with activities outside of school....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Then get letters from whoever supervises those activities outside of school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0