yconic - Chances of getting in to Schulich !!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chances of getting in to Schulich !!!!

A photo of Jaycity23 Jaycity23
I am a homeschool student who is about to finish high school this year. I went to regular high school until second semester grade 11 then I started doing my school through the ILC.

My first semester marks are:
Business Management: 98
English: 85
Data Management: 93
World History: 86

Second semester midterm:
Advanced functions: 98
Calculus: 97
Accounting: 97

I have a few EC's Like basketball team captain and a few clubs but not that much.
For paid work I am a life guard and swim instructor.
Tutored grade 9 students
And okay volunteer stuff

I would appreciate if anyone could give me a guess of what my chances look like.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of ilikeyork ilikeyork
Your average is 94.66%, no need to ask this question.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hobbs hobbs

@ilikeyork wrote

this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hobbs hobbs

@hobbs wrote

@ilikeyork wrote

this.

I'm a loser for quoting myself, but anyways...

If you completely flop on your supplementary essays, you can expect your chances of acceptance to drop. But, with an average like yours, and the ECs you've provided - granted you should have a few more - you should be safe.

Unless of course, they regard home schooling differently than the traditional OSSD schools. I really don't know how home-schooling works, so I can't comment much on that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Im going to work pretty hard on my essay i just thought since I am home schooled they may look at me differently but I am still going to receive a Ontario Secondary School Diploma from my homeschool provider.

I was also wondering if I have my mid-term marks earlier than regular high school student if i could just send them in???
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hobbs hobbs

@Jaycity23 wrote
Im going to work pretty hard on my essay i just thought since I am home schooled they may look at me differently but I am still going to receive a Ontario Secondary School Diploma from my homeschool provider.

I was also wondering if I have my mid-term marks earlier than regular high school student if i could just send them in???

Once again, I'm not sure how home schooling works, but in the TDSB (The school board I was a part of), we had our marks automatically uploaded at several points during the year. They included our first semester marks, and our current second semester marks.

I could only assume that it'd be possible for you to upload whatever marks you have now. You do, however, need six marks at least - including your English and Advanced Functions mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@hobbs wrote

@Jaycity23 wrote

Once again, I'm not sure how home schooling works, but in the TDSB (The school board I was a part of), we had our marks automatically uploaded at several points during the year. They included our first semester marks, and our current second semester marks.

I could only assume that it'd be possible for you to upload whatever marks you have now. You do, however, need six marks at least - including your English and Advanced Functions mark.

Okay well thanks for your opinion. I guess I'm just going to send them in once i receive them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0