yconic - Chances of getting into a business school - Ivey, Schulich, queens and rotman
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chances of getting into a business school - Ivey, Schulich, queens and rotman

A photo of Redprince Redprince
i think this post is a fake
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@asimayyaz wrote

what makes you say that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maynards maynards
I would assume this is fake because someone with a 95% average can't even spell Rotman correctly.

What gives this post away is that your President, if not executive of 9 clubs.

If you have a meeting in each of your clubs once a week. that's only 5 clubs.

Highly unrealistic
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@maynards wrote
I would assume this is fake because someone with a 95% average can't even spell Rotman correctly.

What gives this post away is that your President, if not executive of 9 clubs.

If you have a meeting in each of your clubs once a week. that's only 5 clubs.

Highly unrealistic

lol thanks for correcting my mistake

however...

Spelling names is not my strong point. It ironic because at the Schulich meeting they told me that they rejected people who did not spell the name of their university right. And yes, my mark average is fake because it is not 100% accurate. It can deviate up or down, but, the deviation is not important because it is very small making is insignificant.

Also, it is possible to run more than 5 club...Jeffery.
Thanks for you input though
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heyppl123 heyppl123

@Redprince wrote

It ironic because at the Schulich meeting they told me that they rejected people who did not spell the name of their university right. And yes, my mark average is fake because it is not 100% accurate. It can deviate up or down, but, the deviation is not important because it is very small making is insignificant.

I highly doubt a 95% average student writes like that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heyppl123 wrote

@Redprince wrote

It ironic because at the Schulich meeting they told me that they rejected people who did not spell the name of their university right. And yes, my mark average is fake because it is not 100% accurate. It can deviate up or down, but, the deviation is not important because it is very small making is insignificant.

I highly doubt a 95% average student writes like that.

lol, man...if you want I can give you my transcript so you will believe me. Thus, based on my marks(fake or real :cyclops: ) and EC, how do I stand? (please do not base it on the style of writing)

Anyways...
Thanks for your input =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Businessboy Businessboy
You will be fine, if the information given is real.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Sir, if you have a 95 average and those ECs ( which i don't believe is possible), and you are still worried, I feel sorry for you because you are hopeless.

I still believe that the post is a fake, no offence, just an opinion!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ren416 Ren416
With that resume u're pretty much set. Good luck with your applications.

Can I ask what ur Ivey case study club is? Did you set that up urself or did Ivey come to your school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Ren416 wrote
With that resume u're pretty much set. Good luck with your applications.

Can I ask what ur Ivey case study club is? Did you set that up urself or did Ivey come to your school?

I set it up myself and its very simple. Get a teacher supervisor, tell him/her to buy the cases and tell club member's to solve the case. (run it anyway you like - make them write their answer or present it, etc...)

And thanks for the feedback.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@asimayyaz wrote
Sir, if you have a 95 average and those ECs ( which i don't believe is possible), and you are still worried, I feel sorry for you because you are hopeless.

I still believe that the post is a fake, no offence, just an opinion!

I am worried because people with higher marks and better supplementary application have asked the same question.

Still, thanks for the feedback.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TMLeafs TMLeafs
yeah, your marks are definitely not good enough to get in, and you don't really have much EC's, I think your best bet is getting into Lakehead or Trent university. They are still good universities, but I doubt you have the marks and EC's to get into the top schools.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ndrwzheng ndrwzheng
I too, think this post is "fake" or extremely deviant from the truth. But I could be wrong.

Also, I think your extra curriculars aren't very... "legit". Someone could easily make up 10 clubs, have only 2 students in it, and call themselves President. If you were the president of something more reputable, such as Student Council, Debate or DECA, then it would be much more credible.

I'm not trying to damage your reputation, but that's what I would think if I were the recruiter.

P.S. Is 'Science Senior Scholar' really a club? If so, what do you guys do there?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Why would someone post fake ECs on an anonymous admissions advice forum ...

But yes, people exaggerate their ECs, get used to it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
I'm not sure if one person can handle that many Head and exec positions at once. And on top of that is saying he is worried about others with higher marks and better supps? Hmm...No offense but you definitely present yourself as an impostor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@ndrwzheng wrote
I too, think this post is "fake" or extremely deviant from the truth. But I could be wrong.

Also, I think your extra curriculars aren't very... "legit". Someone could easily make up 10 clubs, have only 2 students in it, and call themselves President. If you were the president of something more reputable, such as Student Council, Debate or DECA, then it would be much more credible.

I'm not trying to damage your reputation, but that's what I would think if I were the recruiter.

P.S. Is 'Science Senior Scholar' really a club? If so, what do you guys do there?

Science senior scholar is a place where student can get science help from other students. I am pretty sure there is a same type of club at your school (different name).

My job is...
-Going through the applications and picking the most suitable scholars.
-making sure that students getting help, get it from the most appropriate scholar.
-keeping track of volunteer hours
-making advertising campaigns to encourage more students to ask for help.
-taking attendance and signing people in
-Keeping track of students who have gotten help.
-Helping other scholars (rare case) and students who need academic help in science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
^ Could I ask why you would like to go to Ivey?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Finance27 wrote
^ Could I ask why you would like to go to Ivey?

I love engineering and business and Ivey is the program that I know off where I can get a degree in both.

That is why I have a mixture business and science clubs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
Do you really find the need to ask this question=/
Chances of getting into Ivey Schulich Queens and Rotman...in my opinion are very high.
Was this helpful? Yes 0