yconic - chances of getting into my program
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

chances of getting into my program

A photo of Burner22 Burner22
Programs;
McMaster-> Engineering I (Co-Op)
Waterloo/Ryerson/Western -> Mechanical Engineering
York -> Computer Engineering
and University of Toronto -> Track 1 General Engineering

my marks;
Sem1 (final):
Advanced Functions- 87
Chemistry - 70 :(
English - 67 :(
Elective - 89

Sem 2 (mid-term):
Calculus - 89
Physics - 80
Elective- 77

Top 6 average including english; 80.3
what do you guys think my odds of getting in to my programs are? I'm really hoping for Mcmaster. Don't think I have a chance for waterloo and uft

Also will some uni consider using my elective of 77% instead of using my english mark of 67% in the top 6 calculation? Even though it's a pre-req
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Bring that 60 up to at least a 70 since that is the minimum. And no, if its a prereq then they will count it; it will automatically be in your top 6. I think you might have a chance at ryerson and maybe western. McMaster is stil a possibility as well but uoft and waterloo are a long shot, but still possible if you bring the 67 up. Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Burner22 Burner22
Thanks for the support. Sadly the 67 is in 1st semester, final marks, so I can't change that mark at all.

The marks above are what the universities will look mainly at; 1st semester final and 2nd semester

hopefully I still have a chance for McMaster/Western with the 67 in english, I would be happy to get into either of them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0