yconic - Chances of getting into Waterloo or Laurier for Comp-Sci / BA Double Degree Program?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chances of getting into Waterloo or Laurier for Comp-Sci / BA Double Degree Program?

A photo of vshubh123 vshubh123
Hey everyone,
I applied to the Comp-Sci/Business Administration double degree program at Waterloo and Laurier, and I was wondering of how strong are my chances of getting in the program.

My February upload marks are as follows:
English : 85%
Advance Functions: 90%
Calculus and Vectors: 90%
Chemistry: 91%
Computer Engineering: 95%
Computer Science: 99%

I am Vice- President of Computer Technology Club and Chess Club at my school. I am also the secretary for the math and science club at my school.
Last year, I finished second place in Toronto for the Wilfred Laurier Stock Market Challenge.
This year, my team and I came first place in the software challenge at McMaster's Math and Science Olympics.Also, last summer I worked as a junior developer for a video game company. I have also recently started my own business developing apps for mobile platforms.

Can someone in Waterloo or Laurier CS/BA Double degree program check my marks and tell me how my chances are for getting accepted into the program? Thanks

Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of iRamie iRamie
The school that you come from plays a role as well (In your case, Martingrove C.I.)

Your chances look really good at the moment. That being said, i don't know if they put emphasis on your English/Adv Functions/Calculus mark because they DO bring your overall average down a bit. Last year the entrance average of BBA/BCS candidates were above 92 (I asked at the open house) so I can't be too sure on your situation.

Your ECs seem to be very strong, so i guess it would help you as well..
What game dev company did you work for? If you don't mind me asking..

I have around 3 different private servers that i run all with 200 players online on each of them throughout the day... They all use different languages (Java, C#, C++/Lua), and i put that on my AIF.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iRamie wrote
The school that you come from plays a role as well (In your case, Martingrove C.I.)

Your chances look really good at the moment. That being said, i don't know if they put emphasis on your English/Adv Functions/Calculus mark because they DO bring your overall average down a bit. Last year the entrance average of BBA/BCS candidates were above 92 (I asked at the open house) so I can't be too sure on your situation.

I have around 3 different private servers that i run all with 200 players online on each of them throughout the day... They all use different languages (Java, C#, C++/Lua), and i put that on my AIF.

The game dev company I worked for is called GameScorpion Inc.
Also, do you think if I write the programming languages I am proficient in on my AIF would make an impact to my application? I already submitted my AIF and I am wondering if I should put it in as a revision.
Also, how do you know I am from Martingrove C.I?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
You'll get in. Once your above 91% or so ECs dont really matter that much - especially for the WLU side.

@iRamie wrote

RE: Entrance average. If 92 was the entrance average, then it was for the UW side only. The WLU side was probably closer to 89. If it truly was 92 then wow. Thats a 2% jump in a year or so.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Does anyone know around what time they send offers for admission for the program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SevenFlow SevenFlow

@vshubh123 wrote
Does anyone know around what time they send offers for admission for the program?

one of my friends has already received an early acceptance for the waterloo side if that helps
Was this helpful? Yes 0