yconic - Chances of Mac & Guelph acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chances of Mac & Guelph acceptance

A photo of Kozy Kozy
I applied to both the Social Science and Humanities faculties at Mac, and an undeclared arts at Guelph. I've already been accepted at UOIT for Business and Trent for Media Studies. What are my chances with Mac and Guelph?

My Grades are as follows...

English - 80
Philosophy - 80
Comm Tech - 80
History - 77
Business Leadership - 76
World Issues - 72

That averages out around a 77.5

My Classes this semester are Writers craft and International Business. I'm capable of pulling off at least a low 80 too high 70 in both those classes, replacing the 72 and 76.

The cut off for Mac is a "Mid 70" and Guelph I believe is a 75-78. Would I be safe to assume ill get acceptances for both? Does the fact that I applied to Mac for two separate faculties, as well as putting them in my #1&2 spots help my case?

Thanks in advance
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of PurpleMustang PurpleMustang
I'd say you have a decent shot at both schools. Granted, I applied to universities two years ago. Though, I'd still say you have a decent shot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Dope Dope
My average is literally almost the same as yours (77.8) and I also have Mac social sciences as my first choice. I'd say we both have a rather decent shot, however we won't be hearing from Mac until last minute acceptances go out I bet -_-
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vslow vslow
You'll get accepted into Guelph for sure, it's ridiculously easy to get accepted. When they sent you the acknowledged package in the mail, there's a brochure that came with the package and it had a list of the average cutoffs for each program, and they were like low - mid 80's, so you'll be fine (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0