yconic - change for offer from Mcmaster?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

change for offer from Mcmaster?

A photo of Gillerz Gillerz
hey guy, i am finishing my grade 12 and i am looking to get in an engineering school! so far i have gotten 3 offers but my number 1 choice is Mcmaster.
my marks are the folowing

English: 71%
Calculus: 81%
Geomatics: 80%
Physics: 84-86%
Chemisty: 89-91%
Technology studies: 87-90% likly to be 90%

so, look at my marks what are my chances to get into Mcmaster Engineering?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of jellybro jellybro
well, if i'm not mistaken, i'm kinda sure engineering requires your AF mark as well... so since i have no idea about that I'm not completely sure. Anyways, without your AF, your mark is 82.8. I'm going to base my opinion based on that mark. I believe that Mcmaster will likely take you in late may... You'll be around one of the last ones to be accepted with that mark. Good luck anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xAnthonyLeong xAnthonyLeong

@jellybro wrote
well, if i'm not mistaken, i'm kinda sure engineering requires your AF mark as well... so since i have no idea about that I'm not completely sure. Anyways, without your AF, your mark is 82.8. I'm going to base my opinion based on that mark. I believe that Mcmaster will likely take you in late may... You'll be around one of the last ones to be accepted with that mark. Good luck anyways.

For most uni's it does however for McMaster you its not compulsory to have AF in your top 6 just English, Physics, Chemistry and Calculus, along with 2 optional courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
If you can get up to an 83-84 top 6 you'll be pretty safe I think. I was admitted with only 1 pre-req at 85%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jelly wrote
If you can get up to an 83-84 top 6 you'll be pretty safe I think. I was admitted with only 1 pre-req at 85%.

What if my average is 83 or even 82.8, do you think i'll get it? i am really worried! :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
An 82.8 - 83 is cutting it pretty close, its definitely possible but far from guaranteed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jelly wrote
An 82.8 - 83 is cutting it pretty close, its definitely possible but far from guaranteed.

ok i understand butthere is a link from the Mcmaster University website (http://www.mcmaster.ca/avpira/cudo/20092010/20092010B.html) and if you go down, it shows you the percetages that got into engineering for the year 2009. My question is that is this for just engineering 1? and has macmaster increased their cut off over the years?
Was this helpful? Yes 0