yconic - Chemical Engineering U of T
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chemical Engineering U of T

A photo of hamzajafri16 hamzajafri16
On this forum a lot of people have been accepted to U of T for engineering. I was wondering if anyone has got into chemical engineering at u of t yet because i have a 89.7% average and many extra curricular activities and i haven't got in yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
18 replies

A photo of LindaS LindaS
So far I know of one person that got in. I guess you'll just have to wait and be patient. Good luck!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StellaSparx StellaSparx
I got my offer for chemical engineering yesterday, you have a slightly better avg. so I think you'll get your offer soon!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@StellaSparx wrote
I got my offer for chemical engineering yesterday, you have a slightly better avg. so I think you'll get your offer soon!

are you a girl, i apologize for asking if you are not one
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@hamzajafri16 wrote

Lol I'm a girl, can't you tell from my username :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@StellaSparx wrote

@hamzajafri16 wrote

Lol I'm a girl, can't you tell from my username :P

Lol ye that's why i asked, plus there's weird people in this world so you never know :P
I also asked if you were a girl because that might be a reason you got accepted early because your a girl with a high average
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@hamzajafri16 wrote
Lol ye that's why i asked, plus there's weird people in this world so you never know :P
I also asked if you were a girl because that might be a reason you got accepted early because your a girl with a high average

Hahahah that's truee, lots of weirdos on the internet. And chemical has like 40% girls which is super high compared to any other eng disciplines so I think I got in because of my SPF, not cause I'm a girl.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@StellaSparx wrote

@hamzajafri16 wrote

Hahahah that's truee, lots of weirdos on the internet. And chemical has like 40% girls which is super high compared to any other eng disciplines so I think I got in because of my SPF, not cause I'm a girl.

Ye probably. Did you have grade 12 english first or second semester because i have grade 12 english this semester and my grade 11 english mark was only a 78 so that might have to do with why i haven't gotten accepted yet
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@hamzajafri16 wrote
Ye probably. Did you have grade 12 english first or second semester because i have grade 12 english this semester and my grade 11 english mark was only a 78 so that might have to do with why i haven't gotten accepted yet

That makes sense, cause U of T is pretty focused on english and calculus marks. I had english last semester and got a decent mark so that prob contributed to my acceptance. Don't worry about it tho! I'm sure you will get your offer soon :) Is it your number one choice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@StellaSparx wrote

@hamzajafri16 wrote

That makes sense, cause U of T is pretty focused on english and calculus marks. I had english last semester and got a decent mark so that prob contributed to my acceptance. Don't worry about it tho! I'm sure you will get your offer soon :) Is it your number one choice?

No its not, Waterloo is. I live in the gta so if i go to U of T im going to have to live at home and i dont really want that. Is U of T your number one choice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@hamzajafri16 wrote
No its not, Waterloo is. I live in the gta so if i go to U of T im going to have to live at home and i dont really want that. Is U of T your number one choice?

I'm exactly like you, Waterloo is my number one and I also live in the GTA so I don't want to go to U of T. Plus I hate big cities. If we both get an offer from Waterloo, maybe I'll meet you during frosh :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EngSci1T5 EngSci1T5
A page for the newest generation of U of T engineers:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Toronto-Engineering-Class-of-2016/304668272913770
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@StellaSparx wrote

@hamzajafri16 wrote

I'm exactly like you, Waterloo is my number one and I also live in the GTA so I don't want to go to U of T. Plus I hate big cities. If we both get an offer from Waterloo, maybe I'll meet you during frosh :)

lol ye maybe
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Salvivona Salvivona
Hey, I was just reading your forum, and I just wanted to mention that perhaps your first semester courses did not match enough prerequisites for chemical engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What courses did you complete during first semester?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Salvivona wrote
What courses did you complete during first semester?

First semester i had

Physics-92

Advance functions-86

International Business-91

This semester i have english, chem and calc
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of milliex51 milliex51
Just curious, why do you guys want to be Chemical engineers?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Those are very comparative grades.

I have recieved an offer from chemical engineering from uoft , problably because of my first semester courses
Biology-90
Physics-85
Advanced functions- 92
Chemistry- 90

You problably didn't get an offer yet because your gr 12 first semester only had two required courses , which might of not been enough for the university to make bold judgments. In terms of grade 11, I don't think they will consider them , for I was told that they only look at our grade twelve
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TegtheCoolDude TegtheCoolDude
Calm Down Hamza you'll get it! :D
-Teg ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0