yconic - Chemistry mark is making me really worried
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Chemistry mark is making me really worried

A photo of ArcSaint ArcSaint
Hey guys, sorry if I might be in the wrong section ( I think it's the right one though )

I'm just seriously worried that an 80% in chemistry will somehow be my downfall in any of the life sciences and concurrent education - chemistry ( this one is definitely scaring me the most ). I applied to Mac and UofT-St.George Life Sciences and UTM concurrent chemistry. My final marks for semester one will be:

Bio: 85
Adv. Functions: 84
Chem: 80
4th spare

Now my next semester courses are Physics, English, Calc, and Philosophy. I'm 99.9% sure that I'll do above 85% in those courses ( not trying to boost myself in any way ), just that I've excelled in English and Physics all the time, my brother got a 95 in calc. and has taught me everything and our religion teacher gives an 85 if you come to class...great teaching eh? :P. So then let's say I get an 84% average as my top 6 marks which include second semester midterms. Based on the chemistry mark or any mark in this case, will any of these universities, preferably UTM, see this chemistry mark as a big problem and somewhat "forget" about my application or do they actually calculate our top 6 marks including prereqs? And in that case, is 84 a decent shot at getting accepted.

*Concurrent will give an alternate offer to chemistry or (i think also psychology), so would my current marks and "known" 2nd semester mid term marks be enough to have a good chance?

Thanks for any replies :cyclops: Any tips for focusing on a specific course or something like that would also be appreciated :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Victorinox Victorinox
Don't worry too much about grade 12 chem, its supposedly one of the hardest courses, if not the hardest course, one can take in grade 12. In my whole grade there are 4 students in the low 90's out of about 70 taking it this semester, so an 80 isn't bad!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

That juts made my day man :D

cheers :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
UTSG and UTM shouldn't be a problem, but Mac LifeSci probably will be. I think last year, the Mac Life Sci average was in the high 80s or low 90s, as Health Sci was in the lower to mid 90s and Life Sci usually falls a little beneath that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DOV94 DOV94
Ah don't worry about it bro. An 80 in grade 12 Chem is pretty good, and it's not like its' gonna bring your average down by a whole lot anyway. probably just 1-2%. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks guys this is really helping. So ill do my best to at least keep it 80+ i guess :D by the way, do unis HAVE to do the top 6 calculations or do can they calculate it however they want, or even have the looks of the marks appeal to them?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mbijman45 mbijman45
That's so weird how it's hard at other schools. At my school its so easy. I am going into business but just taking it as an average booster. A 90 can be accomplished at my school by doing no honework aha. I find functions way harder or I'm assuming physics. But good luck to you. Weird how Ontario schools can be so different in difficulty even though we have the same curriculum.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aistan aistan
Argghhh... I'm in the same boat. I think you'll be good for UofT though.. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aistan aistan
Argghhh... I'm in the same boat. I think you'll be good for UofT though.. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0