yconic - Civil Engineering for University of Waterloo/Toronto
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Civil Engineering for University of Waterloo/Toronto

A photo of Jopet Jopet
Hi all,

I'm very curious to know what my chances are to getting admitted to UW or UoT.

My grade 11 marks (Ontario) are as follows: Functions and Relations: 92%, Physics: 86%, English: 86%, Chemistry: 83%, and Technological Design: 92%.

I haven't received my grade 12 semester one final report card yet (exams just finished), but here are my estimations for my subjects' marks: Advanced Functions: 95%, Physics: 85%, Chemistry: 90%, and English: 87%. Calculus and Vectors will be a part of second semester and I'm confident my mark will be in the 90s.

I am very anxious to getting admitted into UW and it would be a dream come true if I ever made it there, although Toronto would also be nice too.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of bambam bambam
Same exact situation, except I'm applying to chemical engineering at these two schools.

Also my marks are:
Advanced Functions 85%, Physics 88%, Chemistry 93%. 88.7% Average
Taking English, Bio, Environment, and Calculus this semester

What do you guys think about my chances, assuming i maintain an 88% at midterm?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jopet Jopet
I guess it all boils down to extracurricular activities then.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pattersonmd pattersonmd
High the entry averages are not ridiculous. Its a business they want your money so if your overall average is 85% your chances are pretty good. I am pretty sure there is no set average for entering a university. I thought they examine most application look at overall averages of that and generate that years entry level.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RobDipp RobDipp
I am currently enrolled in civil engineering at uoft as a first year student. Your marks look pretty good and i don't think you should worry. I was admitted with an 87 average in May. They said that my year had the highest admission average in the last 40 years ( median admittance average was like 89 or something lol) Universities are getting more competitive especially engineering so be prepared sometimes an 85 average isn't enough. I was rejected from Waterloo last year with my 87 so anything is possible.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of civilboy civilboy
you should be all good jopet and bambam it will come down to extra curriculars i got 89 average final into both of these universities i got allright extracurriculars and achievements pretty good spf for u of t and working on u of t.
Long live civil engineers!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BotianZhong BotianZhong
Calc - 99 (Finished)
Ad. Functions - 99 (Finished)
Physics - 93 (Finished)
English - 78
Chem. - 98
Science - 98

Can anyone tell me whatmy chances for UfT/Waterloo acceptance before mid-April are?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jopet Jopet
Thanks for all the comments!

@ BotianZhong, I think your chances of getting offers of admission from the universities are very high.

For everyone else, I have some issues regarding transcripts. For an Ontario student, transcripts are sent to ouac automatically. I already received an email regarding ouac processing my grades and I'm wondering why on my Waterloo Quest account transcripts are still desired, yet my marks are shown?? I thought we didn't need to worry about transcripts. Can someone clarify this? Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0