yconic - Civil
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Civil

A photo of BlazeRetro BlazeRetro
Grades:
86 chemistry(final)
87 adv functions(final)
84 english(final)
90* physics (predicted)
87+* calculus (predicted)
90 philosophy(predicted)
86 Law (final)

Applied to Civil Engineering at UofT, McMasters, and Waterloo. With those grades, what are my chances of getting in. EC's are 'strong' in a sense, however, grade 11 marks are terrible. Also wondering if I should take Data Management as an average booster as suggested to me by a previous math teacher.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Data management would be a good idea if you're looking for a mark booster. I took it, and it was the easiest math course by far. In comparison with Calculus and Functions, the workload is lighter, the concepts are simpler and their is less studying time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mfattal mfattal
I have the exact same average like you 87%

Dont worry you will get accepted to all :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tobias Tobias

@BlazeRetro wrote
Grades:
86 chemistry(final)
87 adv functions(final)
84 english(final)
90* physics (predicted)
87+* calculus (predicted)
90 philosophy(predicted)
86 Law (final)

Applied to Civil Engineering at UofT, McMasters, and Waterloo. With those grades, what are my chances of getting in. EC's are 'strong' in a sense, however, grade 11 marks are terrible. Also wondering if I should take Data Management as an average booster as suggested to me by a previous math teacher.

Every single one of your marks are much better than my last year and I was fortunate enough to get in at U of T. When I say much, I really really mean it, but as you know, these things are really hard to say.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Macer Macer
I highly suggest taking data management in order to boost your mark up, that is what I'm doing, as for your chances of getting in, take the top 6 and you have an even higher average, I think your chances are good. They offer rewards for people getting 80%+ so if you have an 80%+ you have a good chance of getting into whatever program you want generally.
Was this helpful? Yes 0