yconic - Colleges for UFT St. Georges?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Colleges for UFT St. Georges?

A photo of username101 username101
I am applying to U of T (Rotman) as my 4th choice.

I thought U of T (Rotman) was in the St. Georges campus @ downtown toronto.

but it asks me to number my choices for various colleges

Innis
New
St. Micheals
Trinity
University
Victoria
Woodsworth

I have no idea what this is about? Or where each of these is located?

Help!

Thanks in advance
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
Rotman is at the St. George campus. The colleges are for Arts & Science (which includes Rotman) students at UTSG. The main purpose they serve is residence. You have to rank them in order of preference. Do some research to see which you like (the main distinction is "traditional" vs "modern"). Trinity, Victoria, and Innis will only consider you if you put them first; they're the most competitive and some require essays.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@Zion wrote
Rotman is at the St. George campus. The colleges are for Arts & Science (which includes Rotman) students at UTSG. The main purpose they serve is residence. You have to rank them in order of preference. Do some research to see which you like (the main distinction is "traditional" vs "modern"). Trinity, Victoria, and Innis will only consider you if you put them first; they're the most competitive and some require essays.

You've become less troll-ish in this new forum. I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Here you go, this will help.

http://www.artsci.utoronto.ca/futurestudents/colleges

The viewbook is pretty informative
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@leviaidan wrote

@Zion wrote

You've become less troll-ish in this new forum. I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad.

I have to be helpful and pertinent occasionally.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of truongalong truongalong
innis and woodsworth are closest to rotman :)
or so I recall.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
damn there goes my post count. why did they have to switch while i was away.

...whatevs, this forum sucks. peacing soon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jeffk jeffk
do the colleges really matter if you are staying at home.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of paramecium paramecium
Do you take specific classes at any of these colleges? Is your coursework any different and any college?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@jeffk wrote

No, not really. But they do have specific scholarships.

@paramecium wrote
Do you take specific classes at any of these colleges? Is your coursework any different and any college?

Yes and no. Each college sponsors one or more programs that are offered at that college, but they're optional and open to all students. There are also first-year programs such as Vic One and Trin One.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zarah101 zarah101
jeffk wrote:

------The college u get into really does not matter.It is basically like our school's guidance office where u can do any official work like collecting ur OSAP ,etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0