yconic - come back for a semester or go to mac for bcom?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

come back for a semester or go to mac for bcom?

A photo of knowyourole93 knowyourole93
So my situation is that i got accepted to mac so far, but it really wasn't the program i wanted to go for, i was going for accounting @ waterloo or schulich/ivey. my schedule this whole year got messed up pretty bad, and i ended up with 2 courses in one semester and four plus night school in the other.(so then i had eng, accounting, data, calc and adv funct. all in 1 sem) so if anyone could just post their thoughts up, my top six was 83, and what really brought me down was my calc mark: 68 at midterm... all my other marks are good...

so...should i come back a semester upgrade calculus and take some courses or go to a program that i didn't really want to go to?

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
What kind of average are you looking at if you bump your calculus up? If it is 90+ then I'd say you repeat otherwise MAC business is a decent program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Don't go to Ivey for accounting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@dxb2ont wrote
What kind of average are you looking at if you bump your calculus up? If it is 90+ then I'd say you repeat otherwise MAC business is a decent program.

OP would need 140% in calc to get a 90 average :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

thanks for the reply, @ dxb, i expect about a high 80 if i take calc again, and my final marks this semester so far are looking better than my midterm marks...

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EastSideBoyz EastSideBoyz
~take summer school and do better in calc, then nex semester take one bird course at night school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@knowyourole93 wrote
thanks for the reply, @ dxb, i expect about a high 80 if i take calc again, and my final marks this semester so far are looking better than my midterm marks...

High 80 won't get you into Schulich (believe it was 91 cutoff this year?). And a high 80 will only get you into Ivey if you have really good EC's. Don't know about Waterloo though, sorry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@dxb2ont wrote

OP would need 140% in calc to get a 90 average :P

LOL my bad XD, yeah this then proves there is no point in repeating. I've heard good things about Mcmasters business program so I think you'll do fine!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah, i think the only shot i would have is waterloo, if i can get the avg, but its such a good program, it gives co-op and just has a better job prospect...

Anyone at macmaster go to the business school (degroote) here? if so how is the program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@knowyourole93 wrote
Yeah, i think the only shot i would have is waterloo, if i can get the avg, but its such a good program, it gives co-op and just has a better job prospect...

Anyone at macmaster go to the business school (degroote) here? if so how is the program?

I would go to Mcmaster because you never know. I had the average for Queen's and Ivey and they both snubbed me :/

You've got a good offer on the table so I'd take it because if Waterloo rejects you...you'll probably end up at McMaster :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0