yconic - Commerce and EC's
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Commerce and EC's

A photo of AlexC2010 AlexC2010
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums, having learned a lot about university admissions from reading various threads. I'm going to bring up a topic that probably is over-discussed (sorry everyone, new to the forums remember!) but that I'm curious myself about. COMMERCE AND EC's (everyones probably smashing their heads against their keyboards already).

I've seen quite different "breeds of applicants": some with 87% averages, insane cs, who get in, some with 97+, and with hardly anything who get in. And the occasional 90, 91, with decent ecs that get in.

I'm interested mainly in Queens, Schulich, and Ivey (oh, geez, what a surprise; a business student interested in going to Queens, Schulich, or Ivey). My main question is how much each school considers ec's in the grand scheme of things. I've heard (from rumour) ec's make or break queens applications, ivey is pretty 50/50, and Schulich is more grades (though they claim 50/50 consideration). Also, everyone seems to use the phrase "decent/good ec's": maybe a little more clarification on that? I'll probably be hitting in the 94-95 range from average, and ec's including things like president of a student venture, vp of a student venture, a leadership conference, and well over 700 hours working at a part-time job. I'm not really asking for a "chance" on admission, more of how much each school weights ec's. My first choice is Queens, just putting that out there.

Thanks everyone :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of jzliu jzliu

@AlexC2010 wrote
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums, having learned a lot about university admissions from reading various threads. I'm going to bring up a topic that probably is over-discussed (sorry everyone, new to the forums remember!) but that I'm curious myself about. COMMERCE AND EC's (everyones probably smashing their heads against their keyboards already).

I've seen quite different "breeds of applicants": some with 87% averages, insane cs, who get in, some with 97+, and with hardly anything who get in. And the occasional 90, 91, with decent ecs that get in.

I'm interested mainly in Queens, Schulich, and Ivey (oh, geez, what a surprise; a business student interested in going to Queens, Schulich, or Ivey). My main question is how much each school considers ec's in the grand scheme of things. I've heard (from rumour) ec's make or break queens applications, ivey is pretty 50/50, and Schulich is more grades (though they claim 50/50 consideration). Also, everyone seems to use the phrase "decent/good ec's": maybe a little more clarification on that? I'll probably be hitting in the 94-95 range from average, and ec's including things like president of a student venture, vp of a student venture, a leadership conference, and well over 700 hours working at a part-time job. I'm not really asking for a "chance" on admission, more of how much each school weights ec's. My first choice is Queens, just putting that out there.

Thanks everyone :D

Queen's weigh its admission essays HEAVILY
Was this helpful? Yes 0