yconic - Common concern: UofT
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Common concern: UofT

A photo of BrunoMars BrunoMars
I know I've asked this before, but I'm still not recieving a "adequate" response. I'm not sure what to believe, or who to believe.

OKAY so:
1) Is UofT life science (UofT SG) as hard as it is rumoured?
2) Is it true that many people fail because the tests are INSANELY difficult (and apparntly some test questions are designed so that only 10/1500 students get them right)?
3) I want to pursue a career in medicine but GPA is a killer scare for me and it's the one thing that I'm constantly obsessing about... So is the rumour that recieving a GPA above a 3.5+ super difficult (in comparison to other schools like Guelph)?
4) Do medical schools concern where you did your undergrad? (One guidance counsellor said yes, another said no, UofT admissions representative said no... WHO DO I BELIEVE..?)

Someone advise me...
My application was sent out to the following
1) Guelph U - Biomedical sciences
2) Brock U - Biomedical sciences
3) UofT SG - Life Sciences
4) UWO - Biological & biomedical sciences
5) uOttawa - Biomedical sciences
6) York U - Biomedical sciences

Where should I go? My concern is medical school (hopefully UofT's own medical school, McGill, or UBC)...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
34 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of kathleenUofT kathleenUofT

@BrunoMars wrote
I know I've asked this before, but I'm still not recieving a "adequate" response. I'm not sure what to believe, or who to believe.

OKAY so:
1) Is UofT life science (UofT SG) as hard as it is rumoured?
2) Is it true that many people fail because the tests are INSANELY difficult (and apparntly some test questions are designed so that only 10/1500 students get them right)?
3) I want to pursue a career in medicine but GPA is a killer scare for me and it's the one thing that I'm constantly obsessing about... So is the rumour that recieving a GPA above a 3.5+ super difficult (in comparison to other schools like Guelph)?
4) Do medical schools concern where you did your undergrad? (One guidance counsellor said yes, another said no, UofT admissions representative said no... WHO DO I BELIEVE..?)

Someone advise me...
My application was sent out to the following
1) Guelph U - Biomedical sciences
2) Brock U - Biomedical sciences
3) UofT SG - Life Sciences
4) UWO - Biological & biomedical sciences
5) uOttawa - Biomedical sciences
6) York U - Biomedical sciences

Where should I go? My concern is medical school (hopefully UofT's own medical school, McGill, or UBC)...

Hi there,
I am a third year student at the University of Toronto St. George campus, and I’d love to lend you perspective on this topic.

1) Hard is a relative term, and to be completely honest with you its not about difficulty its more about balance. I feel as if the reason the negative comments about UofT are louder than the positive ones is because nobody goes online and rants and raves about how fun and interesting their classes are, they only come online to vent and complain. With that said, I am 100% confident that you will be able to achieve the grades you want as long as you find a health balance between work and fun!

2) If this were true, only 10/1500 people would be able to graduate from their programs every year. So to answer the question, this is absolutely NOT true! Just like anything in life, there is a learning curve and you will have to adjust to the way universities test you. Once you’ve gotten a grasp on that, you’ll feel prepared and ready for any exam.

3) Its important to remember that medical schools look at much more than grades for consideration into medical school. The University of Toronto offers many opportunities for students to work closely with professors to conduct research. There are also countless opportunities for you to get involved in student leadership. In addition UofT is right down the street from many major hospitals, so if you wanted you could easily volunteer between classes. Involving yourself in these opportunities will strengthen your medical school application and make you a better candidate.

4) The university of Toronto has a premedical society, this question might be better directed at them http://premed.sa.utoronto.ca/
Hope this helps, and good luck with your studies! :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of icey icey
I'm a 4th year student at UTSG. I'm not in the life sciences (I'm in physics and math), but I'm happy to answer your questions nonetheless.

1) As Kathleen said, I think a lot of the rumors originate because a lot of people online post negative comments about UofT's difficulty. Personally, I have found these comments a bit exaggerated. I've found my courses at UofT quite manageable overall. To say that "UofT SG is super hard", I feel, is too much of a blanket statement. The difficulty varies from course to course; I've had courses that have given me a challenge, but also I've had some very easy courses as well (:cheers:). The great thing about UofT is that you can choose which courses you want to take, so you can always try to balance out those hard courses but adding some easier ones :). I think that as long as you manage your time well and strive for balance between school and play, you'll do just fine!

As well, if you do encounter academic problems during your time at UofT, UofT has many resources you can use that will help you in overcoming these problems. For instance, we have an Academic Success Centre that hosts seminars designed to improve your time-management or your studying skills. We have Counseling and Psychological Services (which I've personally used and have had a good experience with) if the difficulty is something mental or psychological. And you can also go to your college registrar for general help, advice, and encouragement :).

2) While some of the tests here are difficult, I don't think they are *insanely* difficult (and the 10/1500 statistic... that really sounds just like a rumour to me). And likewise, I don't think that many people fail -- usually, the class average is somewhere around a B- or a C+, depending on the course. But, this isn't just something that occurs at UofT. I think anywhere you go, University will be quite a challenging experience. I think most universities try to keep their averages around the same range, so there will always be a few people in each class who fail -- perhaps they haven't done all their work, or perhaps they haven't studied in a very effective manner. But again, as long as YOU have done your work properly and have good studying habits, I'm sure you'll be able to succeed at UofT. Don't mistake the few people skewing the statistic for UofT's entire student body.

3) I haven't been to Guelph (I don't think too many people have been to both Guelph and UofT), so I can't compare the difficulties at both Universities. But I've met many friends who have continued to hold good grades at UofT (3.5 and above), so again, it is definitely possible to excel at UofT. Also, as kathleen mentioned, medical schools look at much more than your grades. UofT offers you many opportunities that may help bolster your application--for exmaple, there are second year Research project that you can apply to at the end of first year, and these would probably look awesome on your application. Moreover, UofT SG has a huge diversity of courses that you can take, and these might help emphasize to medical schools that you're a well-rounded individual.

4) I think the reason you're getting conflicting responses is that the answer depends on the medical school you're applying to. Most medical schools have a cut off grade for admissions, and then beyond that, they look at many other factors and look at you as a whole. For some medical schools, these factors might be how high your grades are, or how well passionate your personal statements are. For other schools, the factors might include where you went to undergrad, how many extra-curricular activities you participated in, and the diversity of the courses you've taken. Does that make sense?

Hope these answers help! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me :).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Guys, I don't know...
For me this is a very difficult decision.
Just today, I found out about three people, two of whom went to uOttawa, and the other to Queen's. They said that this is their best advice to me: Live up your undergrad years because med school doesn't care where you go(and my orthodontist also said this - he graduated from UWO undergrad and Boston grad), and just take the easiest courses because it's all about marks, and of course, don't go to UofT. They are designed to weed you out (which my calculus and physics supply teacher have also stated).

I'm truly confused. I now have 3 UofT SG med school students and two teachers (btw my calculus teacher did her masters at UofT) recommending not to go to UofT SG because they say most of their friends have seena 10-20% drop in their marks (despite the fact that they were bright students).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Academentia Academentia
While I think the U of T students give you some ideas on here, I want to offer a rebuttal:

So sure people rant more about grades than having fun on forums, but it begs the question: why MORE of that from U of T students that students at other schools go on line to rant? And why are they even online instead of doing extra curriculars and having fun away from their computer!?

The other factors you mention- like working with faculty, having a premed society, leadership opportunities- those are easily available at every other university so it's not clear what makes U of T stand out in this regard. ALL the 'extra stuff' that helps you get into med school is available not just at U of T but every other university, so it doesn't seem to offset the grading curve of U of T.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@Academentia wrote
While I think the U of T students give you some ideas on here, I want to offer a rebuttal:

So sure people rant more about grades than having fun on forums, but it begs the question: why MORE of that from U of T students that students at other schools go on line to rant? And why are they even online instead of doing extra curriculars and having fun away from their computer!?

The other factors you mention- like working with faculty, having a premed society, leadership opportunities- those are easily available at every other university so it's not clear what makes U of T stand out in this regard. ALL the 'extra stuff' that helps you get into med school is available not just at U of T but every other university, so it doesn't seem to offset the grading curve of U of T.

I'm sure there are a lot of psychological biases that are at play there. For example, let's say Lakehead and U of T are equally academically rigorous, but we all figure U of T is the more rigorous and that Lakehead is a joke. No purely objective person has ever simultaneously taken the exact same courses at both U of T and Lakehead, so the belief that U of T is considerably harder than Lakehead is actually just conjecture.

Let's say that you go to U of T, a supposedly very academically rigorous school, and your parallel universe self goes to Lakehead, a supposedly easy school. Now, like most people, you have an ego, and a pretty big one, but you can't walk the talk - you do fairly poorly in university, as inevitably quite a few people do. Are you going to blame yourself, or are you going to put the blame on extraneous factors, like your school. Chances are you're going to do whatever it takes to put the blame on someone/something other than yourself. Are you going to blame your school? If you go to U of T, a supposedly very academically rigorous school, then, yeah, you most likely will: "it's supposedly a very academically rigorous school - that's the reason I'm doing poorly!" Is your parallel universe self going to blame Lakehead, a supposedly easy school, for his poor academics? Probably not. Given what everyone else believes, he is going to have a hard time convincing himself and others that a supposedly easy school is the reason he is doing poorly. It would just make him seem even dumber, so he doesn't say anything of that sort.

As a result, you have a bunch of people complaining that U of T is such a hard school, as it supposedly is, whereas very few Lakehead students make the same complaint about their school. This all happens despite no actual hypothetical difference in difficulty of those two schools, just conjecture.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Let's say that you go to U of T, a supposedly very academically rigorous school, and your parallel universe self goes to Lakehead, a supposedly easy school. Now, like most people, you have an ego, and a pretty big one, but you can't walk the talk - you do fairly poorly in university, as inevitably quite a few people do. Are you going to blame yourself, or are you going to put the blame on extraneous factors, like your school. Chances are you're going to do whatever it takes to put the blame on someone/something other than yourself. Are you going to blame your school? If you go to U of T, a supposedly very academically rigorous school, then, yeah, you most likely will: "it's supposedly a very academically rigorous school - that's the reason I'm doing poorly!" Is your parallel universe self going to blame Lakehead, a supposedly easy school, for his poor academics? Probably not. Given what everyone else believes, he is going to have a hard time convincing himself and others that a supposedly easy school is the reason he is doing poorly. It would just make him seem even dumber, so he doesn't say anything of that sort.

Okay lets work with this: why would this same psychological effect not exist for Queens, McGill and UBC...which are as difficult to get into and attract the same calibre of students?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erudite erudite
Haha this is probably not really contributing much to this thread, but I just wanted to show something I found and you guys may find it funny. Lol this may not be very an accurate depiction on what universities are like cuz it may be biased/attract a certain kind of people:
[url]https://twitter.com/#!/UofT_Problems[/url] -->Students complaining about studying, readings, being sleep deprived, getting Ds, Asian people
[url]https://twitter.com/#!/YorkUProblems[/url] -->Students complaining about random stuff like food being expensive, power outages, the library etc.
[url]https://twitter.com/#!/QueensUProblems[/url] -->Too lazy to read it all...complaints about tuition, money, outages, etc...
[url]https://twitter.com/#!/RyersonProblem[/url] -->complaints about random people they encounter on dundas square, the library being full, etc.
Yeah...the rest can easily be searchable. Maybe UofT students are just big whiners and can't handle the work...haha I dunno.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@erudite wrote
Haha this is probably not really contributing much to this thread, but I just wanted to show something I found and you guys may find it funny. Lol this may not be very an accurate depiction on what universities are like cuz it may be biased/attract a certain kind of people:
[url]https://twitter.com/#!/UofT_Problems[/url] -->Students complaining about studying, readings, being sleep deprived, getting Ds, Asian people
[url]https://twitter.com/#!/YorkUProblems[/url] -->Students complaining about random stuff like food being expensive, power outages, the library etc.
[url]https://twitter.com/#!/QueensUProblems[/url] -->Too lazy to read it all...complaints about tuition, money, outages, etc...
[url]https://twitter.com/#!/RyersonProblem[/url] -->complaints about random people they encounter on dundas square, the library being full, etc.
Yeah...the rest can easily be searchable. Maybe UofT students are just big whiners and can't handle the work...haha I dunno.

You've definitely shown that students at every university or capable of complaining about anything and everything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jeanneee Jeanneee
Hi there,
I applied for Criminology at UofT and I've heard that their competition is brutal, is it a tough load?
Also~ I heard that there is going to be a strike, should first years be concerned???
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Academentia wrote
Okay lets work with this: why would this same psychological effect not exist for Queens, McGill and UBC...which are as difficult to get into and attract the same calibre of students?

Well, my first assumption in that thought experiment was that Lakehead and U of T were exactly alike in academic rigour. Is that actually true? Not likely. I was just trying to show that entirely false beliefs can easily be made to seem true. In reality, slight differences can easily be exaggerated by the same mechanism. I'm sure, because U of T has higher admissions standards but similar (probably lower, actually) class medians as Lakehead, that U of T is truly harder than Lakehead. If you looked at how often U of T students complained about the academic rigour there and compared that to how often Lakehead students complained, then you'd likely be lead to believe that U of T is leaps and bounds more rigorous than Lakehead. In actuality, the difference is very likely not that significant.

Analogously, if you were to ask a bunch of people who knew very little about cars which car has a faster 0-60, a Ferrari F50 or a Nissan GT-R? These people don't know the data off-hand nor do they have access to the data; they have no fair basis for comparison, like university students comparing the rigour of their school to another. What do you think the result of this simple survey would be? I bet you most people would guess that the Ferrari had the faster 0-60, after all Ferraris are sports cars; Nissans are family cars. Reputation exaggerates real differences and can even be flat wrong, as is the case in this example. Reputation without valid means of comparison is only slightly better than meaningless.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote

Analogously, if you were to ask a bunch of people who knew very little about cars which car has a faster 0-60, a Ferrari F50 or a Nissan GT-R? These people don't know the data off-hand nor do they have access to the data; they have no fair basis for comparison, like university students comparing the rigour of their school to another. What do you think the result of this simple survey would be? I bet you most people would guess that the Ferrari had the faster 0-60, after all Ferraris are sports cars; Nissans are family cars. Reputation exaggerates real differences and can even be flat wrong, as is the case in this example. Reputation without valid means of comparison is only slightly better than meaningless.

This was perfect hahahaha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You're assuming that they are of equal calibre, yet you claim that they may be different. I do wonder however, why do students with 90s often drop?

Majority of undergrads that I know (many of them being nergy :P) have all advised me NOT to go to UofT unless I plan on a simple bachelor's. They all say just have fun and go somewhere MUCH easier because reputation doesn't even matter... It's all MCAT and GPA (and of course ECS).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@BrunoMars wrote
You're assuming that they are of equal calibre, yet you claim that they may be different. I do wonder however, why do students with 90s often drop?

Grade inflation, most likely. They are getting 90s without doing any sort of rigorous workload or anything comparable to a university level workload. Of course their marks are going to drop. Teachers are doing their students no favours by giving easy marks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of icey icey

@BrunoMars wrote
Just today, I found out about three people, two of whom went to uOttawa, and the other to Queen's. They said that this is their best advice to me: Live up your undergrad years because med school doesn't care where you go(and my orthodontist also said this - he graduated from UWO undergrad and Boston grad), and just take the easiest courses because it's all about marks, and of course, don't go to UofT. They are designed to weed you out (which my calculus and physics supply teacher have also stated).

I'm truly confused. I now have 3 UofT SG med school students and two teachers (btw my calculus teacher did her masters at UofT) recommending not to go to UofT SG because they say most of their friends have seena 10-20% drop in their marks (despite the fact that they were bright students).

Hmm, well I checked the UofT med school application, and you're right that preference won't be given to applicants from UofT. That said, they also say...

"There is no single background that is ideal preparation for the practice of medicine. Students with university education in any discipline are encouraged to apply. Students should follow a program of study that will offer an alternative to medicine should they not be accepted. Medicine requires individuals with strong backgrounds in the social sciences, humanities, physical sciences and life sciences. The ideal candidate will have completed a rigourous and coherent course of study, which will provide evidence of an independent, self directed, and mature learning style. ... The ideal candidate will also have evidence of outstanding achievement in non-academic areas. This will be judged by review of the applicant's essay and autobiographical sketch, including documentation of duration and impact of non-academic achievements, supported by reference letters. The admissions committee assesses non-academic qualities, including altruism, reliability, responsibility, perseverance, creativity, and leadership, through this process."
--from this link.

So yeah, it really depends on a lot of factors, like your essay, sketch, reference letters, extra-curricular activities, and the courses you choose. GPA is just one portion of it, really.

Well... my marks actually went UP when I went to University, funny enough. So it's definitely not a universal 10-20% drop across the board. I heard the same rumour as you (that marks would drop 10-20%) when I was in high school, but when I came to University I realized that it simply wasn't true for everyone. University is always a struggle for everyone at first; it's difficult to get used to the pace and structure of the courses. I don't think that's true only for UofT but for any University... whether it's Guelph or Trent, you'll definitely find a challenge :). If grades drop, it's probably due to the fact that some high schools have really inflated grades, not because Universities aim to kill your grades :cheers: . Also, it's worth considering that the GPA that medical schools calculate doesn't always include the marks of ALL the courses you take. For instance, the UofT med school drops your lowest 3 or 4 credits worth of marks when they're calculating your GPA. So it's not as if once you've screwed up one course, you're screwed forever.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Icey, I admire your critical thinking skills.

I do wonder, however, if you did go to UofT, then how come your mark has raised a 10-20%? May I inbox you?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of icey icey

@Academentia wrote

Well, besides the reputation problem others have mentioned, think of it statistically as well. UofT has a lot more students than other Universities in Canada -- UofT has 33000 undergraduates, Queen's has 15000 (according to wiki). So the number of students complaining about UofT would likely be much larger as well, just by sheer volume--and then you get the illusion that there are a disproportionate number of people complaining about UofT online, when in fact a lot of it might just be because we have more students. And as for why these students are online? Probably the same reason you and I are online. :cheers: To relieve stress I guess. Or to communicate with others. :P

@Academentia wrote

Yes, you're right, other Universities do indeed offer things like premed societies. However, the point of my post wasn't really to say "UofT is the greatest!" Instead, I was trying to show the original poster that UofT does, in fact, have many resources that will help him/her succeed, both academically (our huge breadth of courses, places like the Academic Success Centre if he/she's having difficulty with work) and nonacademically (research opportunities, and so on). Personally I applied for a research scholarship in physics at the end of second year and got it :), and worked for a summer in a physics lab, which was awesome.

While it's true that other Universities offer these opportunities, it's worth pointing out that not all of them do. For instance, my friend at UOIT has always been jealous that we have so much courses that UOIT doesn't offer. Also, the same friend has been jealous of the Counselling and Psychological Services here (I've personally used it and have found it useful.

Also, as far as I know, UofT doesn't have a grading curve, and I've never been curved down in a class. In fact, I find most of the marking is quite fair. Again, not trying to say "UofT is the greatest", just trying to dispel a lot of the myths that surround the school.

Hi there,
I applied for Criminology at UofT and I've heard that their competition is brutal, is it a tough load?
Also~ I heard that there is going to be a strike, should first years be concerned???

Hi there, I'm not in Criminology myself but I have two friends in it. I think some of there courses might have a high reading load, but not sure about the competition being brutal. They generally like the program, though.

Are you first year now, or coming into first year for the next school year (2012-13?) No, you probably need not be concerned with the strike. The longest UofT strike was, I think, 2 or 3 weeks? (don't remember the exact length) Nowhere near the amount of time that York striked for. The strike, if it happens, will start in mid-February so it shouldn't interfere with exams and there will be time for instructors to catch up. If you're a prospective student, you probably don't need to be worried about strikes. UofT has only gone on strike three times: 1981, 1991, and 2001 (info from this website)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of icey icey

Icey, I admire your critical thinking skills.

I do wonder, however, if you did go to UofT, then how come your mark has raised a 10-20%? May I inbox you?

Aww, thank you for the compliment. :) I actually worked at UofT as a student blogger for a time, so that's why I know a lot of the ins-and-outs of campus, and where to look for information online and stuff like that.

Sorry if I was misleading, I just meant that my marks went up from the transition from high school to first year -- not that they've gone up by 10-20%. But, they didn't drop like people claimed it would :cheers: .

And yeah, definitely, I'd be happy to talk via private message! :). I'm probably going to sleep soon, though, so I may not reply you right away. (I don't check the forum every day :P)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Why people's averages drop, on average, in university is quite simple. The entering average of a lot of the programs/universities discussed on this forum is usually about 85%; the typical class average of a first year class in these programs/universities is about 70%. 15% difference. There ya go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrearodrigues andrearodrigues
I've applied to U of T as well, and it has been my top choice for a while. I'm interested in pursuing a career in psychology, hopefully becoming a psychologist (not exactly sure in the exact field of psychology yet). Psychology is only offered under the umbrella of Life Science at U of T, and generally under Arts at every other university.
So ultimately, my question is, will the psychology I study at U of T be similar to that offered as an Art at other schools? I enjoy the Arts and I also enjoy the Sciences, but my heart isn't in science. I'm concerned that I will be bombard with sciences that I'm not interested in at U of T if I am trying to pursue psychology. Is Life Sci at U of T the wrong road to take?
Any psychology majors at U of T that could help me out with this?

Applied to:
U of T- Life Sci
Guelph- psychology
Trent U- psychology
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
The TA strike could have a significant impact, but I highly doubt it will last until next semester. Instructors should be able to get by without TAs, although they will likely have to do a lot more marking. TAs also have the option of still working through the strike
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
It's just like any other university. I don't understand why you are concerned. Hearsay is only hearsay.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I've applied to U of T as well, and it has been my top choice for a while. I'm interested in pursuing a career in psychology, hopefully becoming a psychologist (not exactly sure in the exact field of psychology yet). Psychology is only offered under the umbrella of Life Science at U of T, and generally under Arts at every other university.
So ultimately, my question is, will the psychology I study at U of T be similar to that offered as an Art at other schools? I enjoy the Arts and I also enjoy the Sciences, but my heart isn't in science. I'm concerned that I will be bombard with sciences that I'm not interested in at U of T if I am trying to pursue psychology. Is Life Sci at U of T the wrong road to take?

Its totally different than an arts degree in psychology. At U of T it focuses on the experimental and biological aspects (so stuff like perception, neurology, brain function) and not about say social or abnormal or clinical psychology.

Given your goals and interests, it doesn't make a lot of sense for you to go to U of T when almost every other major university offers the kind of psychology you are interested in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@BrunoMars wrote

Majority of undergrads that I know (many of them being nergy :P) have all advised me NOT to go to UofT unless I plan on a simple bachelor's. They all say just have fun and go somewhere MUCH easier because reputation doesn't even matter... It's all MCAT and GPA (and of course ECS).

Hi Brunomars,
This may a frightening reality, but if you plan to pursue medical school then you cannot be afraid of a challenge n your undergrad. Medical school is very demanding and you will be pushed to your limits. By the sounds of it, most of what you are referring to about the University of Toronto is hearsay, I really suggest you take a campus tour and meet students who have similar goals to you. Contact The University of Toronto’s pre-medical society and ask them about their experiences. The benefit of being taught at the University of Toronto is the quality of education and opportunities that will be available to you. Some of your professors will have invented the concepts you are learning about (for instance, my nutrition professor invented the glycemic index scale). You will have opportunities to work closely with doctors/professors and build networks and relationships with leaders in the medical field. Hope this helps! Be excited about your future!!
http://discover.utoronto.ca/connect/campus-tours
http://premed.sa.utoronto.ca/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jeanneee wrote
Hi there,

Hi Jeanneee

Check out the requirements and course load for criminology.

http://www.artsandscience.utoronto.ca/ofr/calendar/crs_wdw.htm

The workload will be very manageable for you, and being in the art/sci faculty, you will have a lot more freedom with designing your schedule (for example, you may have late start mornings if you prefer, night classes, or entire days off depending on how you schedule your classes). Do not worry about the strike, the University of Toronto is doing its best to make sure students’ education is not disrupted. The competition in your program is not ‘brutal’, that is just hearsay. Every university program across Canada is competitive, but if you love what you’re learning about you will not have a problem. I am a 3rd year student at UofT and I love it here, I hope to even do my masters here some day soon! It’s a great environment, I love every second of it and I’m confident you will too!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0