yconic - Communications @ Ottawa U or Carleton?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Communications @ Ottawa U or Carleton?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I've applied to both of Communications programs at Ottawa U and Carleton. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the program at both schools and which one is better?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of RichardS RichardS
I'm also applying for university so my thoughts are as good as yours.

Between Ottawa U and Carleton I would say Carleton is better. They offer more courses in communications and one of the first degrees that they granted was in that field, they've simply been offering it longer.

One thing to consider is what type of communications you want to go into. For example if you want do more practical work than you would want to do Ryerson's RTA or University of Toronto Mississauga's CCIT which is linked with Sheridan College. There's also the business side of communications and the policy side. Anything aside from practical work would probably require graduate studies of some sort (MBA, JD or MA).

Hope this helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I agree with Richard. Carleton is well known for their English and Communication programs. I myself am hoping to get into their journalism programs :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tashahuggins tashahuggins
I think you're better off apply to Communications at Carleton because I think they're more into the communications than uOttawa is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Definitely Carleton, to go with what everyone else has already said.
Was this helpful? Yes 0