yconic - Community hours...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Community hours...

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Is there a deadline for community hours? I need 12 more hours until 40 hours and I am busy with work and school... If there is a deadline, when is it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
Grad transitions? Don't work hours count?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
40 hours?!
Hehe, suckersss.. I only need 30. :)
But yeah, we're allowed to use work hours here in BC..
Don't know if you can do the same on the east coast, if that's where you're from.
But Grad Transitions aren't due until May usually.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
@ Andrew, no, I don't think work hours count :(

@Cynthia: Lucky... 30 hours T_T and I hope it is May XD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heylooklisten heylooklisten

@Oxidize wrote
Is there a deadline for community hours? I need 12 more hours until 40 hours and I am busy with work and school... If there is a deadline, when is it?

Well, at my school, the deadline is June 1st. Try to get them in a month before you graduate. And don't wait till later, because you'll be busy with exams.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sillyrabbit sillyrabbit

@Oxidize wrote

I am pretty sure that deadlines for community hours differ from school to school. My school's deadline last year was May.....and about your situation....I never did 40 hours community service....I might have done 20 or a little more...but i asked my guidance counsellor and told her that I was really busy...and she just signed it and bumped me up to 40 hehehhehehe.....maybe you should talk to your guidance and explain to them the situation your in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gnfnr211 gnfnr211
I personally don't see the challenge in the 40 community service hours at all. I was done mine by the end of grade 11. I volunteered at local school carnivals and community clean ups. However, I was lucky because at my school we have something called the 30 Hour Famine. Literally all you had to do is not eat anything for 30 hours and you'd get 10 community hours. 10 HOURS! So if you were a lazy crap you could do this every year in high school and get your 40 hours without ever leaving the school and being involved in the community. I wasn't that lazy and only did it in grade 11 and 12, so most of my 50 hours that I have were earned from "hard" work. I also know people that have like 300+ hours which I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE DID THAT!?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of newguy1 newguy1
Come on 40 isnt hard, I was done in grade 9. I have over 180 maybe over 200 right now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@newguy1 wrote
Come on 40 isnt hard, I was done in grade 9. I have over 180 maybe over 200 right now.

Yes, me too.

And how do you guys in BC get to use work hours? That is hardly community service.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Just fulfill them asap. It will show up faster on OUAC or transcripts if you do them as soon as possible.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Fake it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0