yconic - Commuting from Brampton to Toronto?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Commuting from Brampton to Toronto?

A photo of Rockerchick94 Rockerchick94
Should i choose to attend UofT St. George campus this fall, how will i commute there?

I've only taken the subway once in my life before (Keele to Union)
& ive been searching the routes extensively, but they're sooooo confusing!

If i am able to make my way to the Keele station, which station do i get off at for UofT?

& is commuting a good idea? Residency will be realllyyyyy expensive :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of WaterfallOfDestiny WaterfallOfDestiny
I know someone whom commuted to U of T St George from Brampton. There's a GO train that runs from Brampton to Union Station. Then, you can either take the TTC subway (Yonge-University-Spadina line) to Queen's Park station, or make a 30-minute walk to campus from Union Station.

Total commute time is about 1 hour each way.

If you made your way to Keele station (I assume this would be a Peel Region bus...?), U of T is at St George station on the Bloor-Danforth line. St George is also a transfer stop, so you could possibly transfer to the Yonge-University-Spadina line to get to Queen's Park.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Rockerchick94 wrote
Should i choose to attend UofT St. George campus this fall, how will i commute there?

I've only taken the subway once in my life before (Keele to Union)
& ive been searching the routes extensively, but they're sooooo confusing!

If i am able to make my way to the Keele station, which station do i get off at for UofT?

& is commuting a good idea? Residency will be realllyyyyy expensive :/

Personally, I hate the idea of commuting and would recommend you to stay on residence until money is too tight.

I wouldn't worry too much about the routes, by the first week you will essentially of mastered it. Just try to see if there is someone you could go with your first week (someone who also commutes from Brampton to UfT SG)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rockerchick94 Rockerchick94
Thankyou very much for all who replied, i'll definately keep both options in mind :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0