yconic - Commuting from Brampton to Toronto?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Commuting from Brampton to Toronto?

A photo of Rockerchick94 Rockerchick94
Should i choose to attend UofT St. George campus this fall, how will i commute there?

I've only taken the subway once in my life before (Keele to Union)
& ive been searching the routes extensively, but they're sooooo confusing!

If i am able to make my way to the Keele station, which station do i get off at for UofT?

& is commuting a good idea? Residency will be realllyyyyy expensive :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of tellyvision tellyvision
you can take the subway to spadina station (like 7 stops after keele station if you're coming in from the west) and take the 510 street car to college street. DO NOT leave the station, the street car stops IN the station and all street cars in the station go to college st. that's how I usually go about going there. you can also get off at QUEENS PARK station (not queen station).
it should take like 20 minutes from keele station and it shouldn't be too bad. i find commuting fun sometimes hehehe. if you need any more help with transit, feel free to PM me, i know a bit about of brampton transit too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AgriGen AgriGen
Strongly suggest you live on residence for the first year. It will cost you slightly more but its really nothing in the long run. It will likely make the next few years of your life so much more enjoyable too! Its only for a year! If you choose to commute you can always move back to brampton after :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
The following subway stops are all on or near St George campus:

Spadina
St. George
Museum
Queens Park

It just depends which corner of campus you are going to
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kathleenUofT kathleenUofT

@Rockerchick94 wrote
Should i choose to attend UofT St. George campus this fall, how will i commute there?

I've only taken the subway once in my life before (Keele to Union)
& ive been searching the routes extensively, but they're sooooo confusing!

If i am able to make my way to the Keele station, which station do i get off at for UofT?

& is commuting a good idea? Residency will be realllyyyyy expensive :/

Hi there,
Majority of the students who attend the University of Toronto are commuter students, I myself commute every day. Commuting is not an issue at all!
Where you get off on the subway line depends on where your classes are located, I typically get off at Queens Park, Museum or Spadina
If you get on a keele, you will be traveling east bound, If you get off at St. George you will be near the UofT Varsity center(Everything at UofT is within walking distance); alternatively you can get off at St. George and transfer to a south bound train and get off at another stations ie. Museum or Queens Park.

Take a look at the map: http://www3.ttc.ca/Subway/interactivemap.jsp

Try to take the route a couple times with your friends in the summer before you go, and you’ll get used to it! Commuting is a great option if you want to save some money and enjoy the luxury of living at home (your own bed, a clean bathroom etc.)
I really hope you choose UofT for the Fall 2012, its a great University and I’d be happy to answer any more commuting questions you may have!

Good Luck,
Kathleen
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sevenzeroz sevenzeroz
From my personal experience in university, I would say live in residence is the best. You get to meet so many new people and really get to know people a lot better than if you lived off-campus because you eat your meals with these people, attend the same classes depending on your programs, and can just walk over to another person's room and chill or whatever.

Residence basically forces you to become social and make friends, and for me it was formative to my university experience. It still is. I've even met the people I'm going to be renting a house with next year from res.

Yes, commuting is cheaper, but it's just not the same experience as residence.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rockerchick94 Rockerchick94
Thankyou very much for all who replied,
I'll definitely keep both options in mind, but i think commuting is best for me!

You have gave me such detailed options, it helped alot!
I'll definitely practice in the summer a couple of times, and try a variety of routes, depending on where my classes are :)

Thanks again!
Was this helpful? Yes 0