yconic - Computer Engineering Ryerson Vs. Carleton
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Computer Engineering Ryerson Vs. Carleton

A photo of mohsinsattar1 mohsinsattar1
I have gotten accepted to both but was wondering which is better?
And yes I know the first responses will be that they are both low level universities but I dont mind. I was planning to go to Waterloo but my average in the second semester dropped from a 90 to a 78 so thats not happening. So please, if you guys could help me with my problem.

Carleton or Ryerson ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
how did you drop to a 78? are you talking about just your midterm or everything together?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

my teacher for calculus dosent teach properly and the tests are made by the head of department. every kid in that class is taking private tuitions but i cant afford them.

and my english teacher marks very strictly...so I messed up on those two subjects pretty bad.

1st Sem
Advanced Functions - 95
Physics - 90
Chemistry - 85

2nd Sem (Midterm)

Calculus and Vectors - 67
English - 68
Marketing - 70

plus i changed high schools so that affected my grades too
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MatHildebrand MatHildebrand

@mohsinsattar1 wrote
I have gotten accepted to both but was wondering which is better?
And yes I know the first responses will be that they are both low level universities but I dont mind. I was planning to go to Waterloo but my average in the second semester dropped from a 90 to a 78 so thats not happening. So please, if you guys could help me with my problem.

Carleton or Ryerson ?

I wouldn't call them 'Low level' universities at all! Sure they arent regarded as high as let's say.. waterloo or U of T, but the hype isnt always accurate. Personally, I got into both Carleton and Waterloo (Electrical Engineering), however I can't see myself paying 10,000$ a year just for tuition, so i picked Carleton, I also thought about ryerson, but after a discussion with someone who went to carleton and viewed ryerson I decided against it, mainly because Carleton has a better engineering program in general and ottawa is (to mt at least) a nicer city.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@mohsinsattar1 wrote
my teacher for calculus dosent teach properly and the tests are made by the head of department. every kid in that class is taking private tuitions but i cant afford them.

and my english teacher marks very strictly...so I messed up on those two subjects pretty bad.

1st Sem
Advanced Functions - 95
Physics - 90
Chemistry - 85

2nd Sem (Midterm)

Calculus and Vectors - 67
English - 68
Marketing - 70

plus i changed high schools so that affected my grades too

Yeah, but did you already recieve an offer from waterloo? because if you have and you keep your average above 77 you can still go
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i dont call them low level either
but ive read through the posts on this website and many people do
oh so you are doing electrical engineering...that is similar to my program
well thanks for your input...it really does help
and yeah i dont plan to go for ryerson

btw i havent received a conditional offer yet because I was an international student last year and just transferred to canada for grade 12
Was this helpful? Yes 0