yconic - Computer Science at UOfT
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Computer Science at UOfT

A photo of amsardesai amsardesai
Hey, does anyone know anything about UofT's computer science program? like I want to know if it's a part of the engineering faculty, whether it has a good rep, how heavy the course workload is, etc.
thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of iRamie iRamie
I heard its math intensive, and there are good co op Placements (With microsoft especially).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie
I heard its math intensive, and there are good co op Placements (With microsoft especially).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of menjeco777 menjeco777
It is not part of the faculty of engineering, but is part of the faculty of arts and science. It has a great international rep, i think 11th or 13th overall, better than waterloo, the only thing that is better at waterloo is their co op. Workload wise, it is higher than most other streams in the faculty of arts and science, easier than engineering and overall manageable if you dont waste all your time goofing off. Getting a good mark as you get into higher years is harder because you are marked more and more on efficiency and style etc. I transferred from electrical engineering to c.s, and im loving it. Much better than engineering. Atmosphere is more friendly, less class hours etc. I should say that Assignments typically take a long time, its not unusual to spend 20hrs on one assignment, in fact thats probably a little low. But if you have a passion for c.s youll love it!
Was this helpful? Yes 0