yconic - Computer Science Co-op at University of Toronto St. George?! Do they consider repeated coure marks?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Computer Science Co-op at University of Toronto St. George?! Do they consider repeated coure marks?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
When I browse through OUAC, University of Toronto St. George doesn't provide any co-op and the one that provides Co-op is University of Toronto Scraborough. I would like to know if any co-op option is available in 3rd or 4th year if I were to attend the Computer Science program at St.George. Also, I am applying to the University as a mature student with one repeated course(Chemistry 12U; 70%,90%), I would like to know if they'll consider the marks of the latest repeated course instead of the first one.

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of KidA KidA
I'm certain that UofT only considers the first attempt at a course. It is even stated somewhere on their website. Sorry.

Do you count repeated grades?

While we do not discourage applicants from repeating courses, it is the policy of the University of Toronto Engineering Admissions Committee to consider only first attempt marks. The Admissions Committee in general does not consider repeated course marks.

http://www.discover.engineering.utoronto.ca/admissions/questions.htm#IP54

Oh and to your question of if you will get in, chances are it's not likely for St. George. My brother applied to St. George computer science with an 84% but was offered an alternative for the Scarborough (he ended up accepting his McMaster offer).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Any undergrad from Ryerson or York that might answer some of my questions?

Thanks

@KidA wrote
I'm certain that UofT only considers the first attempt at a course. It is even stated somewhere on their website. Sorry.

Do you count repeated grades?

While we do not discourage applicants from repeating courses, it is the policy of the University of Toronto Engineering Admissions Committee to consider only first attempt marks. The Admissions Committee in general does not consider repeated course marks.

http://www.discover.engineering.utoronto.ca/admissions/questions.htm#IP54

Oh and to your question of if you will get in, chances are it's not likely for St. George. My brother applied to St. George computer science with an 84% but was offered an alternative for the Scarborough (he ended up accepting his McMaster offer).

According to some other university, for instance McGill, it states that they might consider the average mark of the initial and repeated course. Anyhow UoT wasn't my first choice considering it seems quite expensive compared to others. Thanks for the information, appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of trappjef trappjef
St. George U of T has a PEY which is a full year internship after 3rd year without any classes. Most that do this are in engineering but there are always computer science students that do it. Engineering administers the PEY http://www.engineeringcareers.utoronto.ca/programs/pey.htm.

Only Rotman Commerce and Engineering are strict about repeated courses. It will also affect scholarships.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cm0011 cm0011

@trappjef wrote
St. George U of T has a PEY which is a full year internship after 3rd year without any classes. Most that do this are in engineering but there are always computer science students that do it. Engineering administers the PEY http://www.engineeringcareers.utoronto.ca/programs/pey.htm.

Only Rotman Commerce and Engineering are strict about repeated courses. It will also affect scholarships.

I was just going to state this. And actually, while watching an "Ask U of T" broadcast for Prospective Undergraduate students for the 2012-2013 year (the broadcast came out last Thursday), they said most people that have the best options for PEY are computer science students, though I assume Engineering is a big one too, so there's that option :)

They usually take the highest mark that you getm whether it be the day school or summer school mark, maybe for engineering or commerce they are strict, because those are competitive programs, but for compsci, you should be fine :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0