yconic - Computer science vs Computer engineering vs Software engineering, the difference?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Computer science vs Computer engineering vs Software engineering, the difference?

A photo of Fuzzer Fuzzer
Hi there! I'm currently in my graduating year and looking to go into university, but am undecided into which of these 3 fields I want to go into. I've looked around on google, but cannot seem to find any answers that are really definite to me. I want to know what are the main differences of these 3 fields, what makes them unique, what are the pros and cons, and most of all, what does someone in each of these fields do on a daily basis in their career? (I know there are a wide variety of jobs for each, but some examples of the possibilites for each field would be nice)

Thanks in advance!:batman: (batman!)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of aimango aimango

@Fuzzer wrote
Hi there! I'm currently in my graduating year and looking to go into university, but am undecided into which of these 3 fields I want to go into. I've looked around on google, but cannot seem to find any answers that are really definite to me. I want to know what are the main differences of these 3 fields, what makes them unique, what are the pros and cons, and most of all, what does someone in each of these fields do on a daily basis in their career? (I know there are a wide variety of jobs for each, but some examples of the possibilites for each field would be nice)

Thanks in advance!:batman: (batman!)

http://compsci.ca/blog/choosing-between-computer-science-and-computer-engineering/

Tiny bit outdated, but this doesn't explain it any better
Was this helpful? Yes 0