yconic - computer science vs engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

computer science vs engineering

A photo of maelong maelong
I have always thought computer science is cool but recently realized it's one of the hardest course and risky
by risky i mean you might not get a good job even after you study your butt off

help me to choose where to go plz

Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Bscit Bscit
Well Im sure you already know that there are lots of jobs for a Computer Programmer. For me Im currently thinking of going self employed, being a Web Developer or Game Developer.
Doesnt look like you applied to Waterloo but I would recommend Waterloo. I guess UofT isnt bad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit
Well Im sure you already know that there are lots of jobs for a Computer Programmer. For me Im currently thinking of going self employed, being a Web Developer or Game Developer.
Doesnt look like you applied to Waterloo but I would recommend Waterloo. I guess UofT isnt bad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
It varies from school to school, but form what I hear the biggest difference between CS and ECE is that CS is more software/programming based while computer engineering is more hardware based. At least, that's how I hear it is at certain schools.
Also, there is no major that guarantees you a job, yes, even engineering. Computer science majors are among the most employable majors, as well as engineering majors, and still there is no guarantee.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

This post was deleted