yconic - Computer Science v.s. Information Technology
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Computer Science v.s. Information Technology

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Okay, briefly I'm currently a grade 12 student and at first I wanted to go into Information Technology at York Uni because it seemed like a program that I would picture myself going into for the rest of my life. Furthermore, I have a friend that goes to the same program in the same Uni, and he agreed to help me as well.
HOWEVER, I checked e-info, and UTSC also has computer science and it has co-op as well. I really wanna try a program with co-op and i heard UTSC has good reputation as well. BUT, an older adult that I know, told me that you don't get as much job opportunities in computer science as information technology. He said that the computer science job field is decreasing or something. So is this true?
I also would like to know the exact differences between computer science and information technology. And does York Uni offer co-op programs for Information Technology?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies