yconic - Concerns about University Acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Concerns about University Acceptance

A photo of Ayonic Ayonic
Hello,

I am planning on applying to University of Guelph for their
Biological and Medical Physics and Biological and Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
Also I am planning on applying to University of Waterloo for their
Life Science program.

What my question is that University of Guelph is looking for an overall average of 70% indicated on their site https://admission.uoguelph.ca/template.aspx?SiteID=2aec718a-98f1-4c71-b2f7-bda7f1700aaa. As for Waterloo they are also looking for an overall average of 70% indicated on their site http://www.findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/programs/Life%20Sciences. What I am worried about is getting in. My overall average as of now is 80%, and I'm hoping to boost it to at least 84-85% by the end of semester one.
I am getting a 81 in Advanced Functions and English, 79 in Physics and Chemistry.

Any word of advice or assurance as to whether or not I will get accepted to either one of those Universities?
I am planning on getting at least 85 on my 2 other remainder courses (Bio and Calculus) in semester 2.

Can I safely say I got myself a guarantee spot at either of the Universities?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for trolling.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of RedMittenDoc RedMittenDoc
For Guelph biological science, yes a 80 will get you in, basically period from what I've heard, I believe the others hover around 82-84 average admission average - but when they say: minimum admission average, that's not what marks people get in with, that's saying: we will outright reject you with a below 70 average. Get you grades to 84 or 85 not that hard if your at a 80 since if your in a 2 term 4 class like me, right now they have like 40% of your mark, so you have like another half and then exams and CPTs.

I guess you want to be a pharma, so why not try to get 86-88 average, and try and get into biomed at guelph =D (trololol) GL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ayonic Ayonic
Thanks and any thoughts for Waterloo?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoorKnob22 DoorKnob22
Electronic info should have the admissions averages for last year which would be great info to look into, extra curriculars , contests and anything else to make you stand out should be great, 10% above what they ask for average wise should be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ayonic Ayonic

@DoorKnob22 wrote
Electronic info should have the admissions averages for last year which would be great info to look into, extra curriculars , contests and anything else to make you stand out should be great, 10% above what they ask for average wise should be fine.

Unfortunately, electronic info doesn't have any information for the two courses I am interested in for Guelph.

Was this helpful? Yes 0