yconic - Concerns with Waterloo's conditional acceptance.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Concerns with Waterloo's conditional acceptance.

A photo of supremefatness supremefatness
I received my Waterloo conditional acceptance back in February, which asks to maintain a minimum of 70 in my mandatory credits. Now, I'm in the IB program, so our final marks are announced in July, and is heavily reliant on our final IB exams (up to an exam being worth 70% of our final mark). However, our predicted marks were sent in around mid-May, and for these marks, I was well above the conditions. However, if I were to do poorly on the final exams, is it possible for me to lose my acceptance in July? since the final date for University acceptances is on June 1. If not will they just look at my predicted grades as a final?

Would be nice if I could alleviate some stress.
*Note: this isn't because I'm planning on slacking, it's just that I'm starting to feel sick, and I probably won't be able to focus on my exams once I do become sick."
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of seasharp seasharp
I think they re-evaluate you at the end of the semester to see if you still meet the conditions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
They do look at your finals in July to make sure you meet conditions. All you need is a 4 or 5 to pass, so just keep studying. I'm worried for my English/Math exams (next week, aah!) but I'm leaving myself some room to slack for the others :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of supremefatness supremefatness
Thanks! I'm worried about English, whether or not my brain will click for papers 1 and 2. Gl on your exams. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0