yconic - Conditional Acceptance to University of Waterloo....
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Conditional Acceptance to University of Waterloo....

A photo of Nbwx Nbwx
I got an email saying this:

(name).....
Waterloo ID #: --------
OUAC reference #: ----

Hi (name),

Congratulations! You’ve been admitted to the University of Waterloo for fall 2012 in Honours Life Sciences, Regular.

Information about what happens next, including the class-selection process, is available on our website for admitted students (findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/thenextstep/admitted).

In the next few weeks, you'll receive an offer package in the mail. Your package will include your official Offer of Admission along with scholarship and residence details, if applicable. You’ll have until June 1, 2012, to respond to your offer through OUAC. Please note that you will need to meet any conditions listed on your offer before you can begin your studies in September.

If you’re interested in residence, you must submit your Residence Community Ranking Form and a $500 non-refundable deposit no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on June 1, 2012. The Residence Community Ranking Form will be available starting February 1, 2012. You’ll find details on the residence information website (findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/housing/).

You can respond to your Offer of Admission online (ouac.on.ca) through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre.

If you have any questions about your Offer of Admission, please email us at myapplication@uwaterloo.ca or call us at 519-888-4567, ext. 33106.

We look forward to seeing you in September!

Sincerely,

Nancy Weiner
Associate Registrar, Admissions
University of Waterloo

P.S. If you’ve already accepted an offer to another Ontario university, you have until June 1, 2012, to change your mind! You’ll find instructions on our website for admitted students (findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/thenextstep/admitted/offers.php).

Questions:
I went on the Uni. of Waterloo website, logged in, clicked Admissions and I see this
Fall 2012 Life Sciences, Honours UW Full-Time 01/18/2012 Conditional Admit

You have been given an Offer of Admission that lists conditions that you must meet.

It never listed any conditions that I have to maintain? What Do I Do?

I did not submit my Waterloo AIF yet, I know that I still have to submit. BUT what if my AIF is like 'rejected' do they take away my offer as well?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of DntMessWitRohan DntMessWitRohan
I have no idea about the AIF supplementary stuff and I would like to learn more about it myself, can anyone please shed some light on it? I have already started but I'm not sure how they look at them...

As for conditions, it should all be explained in the package you receive, and which coincidentally is exactly what I'm waiting on as well!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Uncotran Uncotran

@Nbwx wrote

Questions:
I went on the Uni. of Waterloo website, logged in, clicked Admissions and I see this
Fall 2012 Life Sciences, Honours UW Full-Time 01/18/2012 Conditional Admit

You have been given an Offer of Admission that lists conditions that you must meet.

It never listed any conditions that I have to maintain? What Do I Do?

I did not submit my Waterloo AIF yet, I know that I still have to submit. BUT what if my AIF is like 'rejected' do they take away my offer as well?

Did you receive your letter of acceptance through the mail yet? Your letter of acceptance should have everything in it.
Usually your conditions means just keep your average above a certain percentage and your scholarship wont go away.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
What was your average Nbwx??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LenaL LenaL
I was confused as well haha but I searched around and found the link. here you go:

http://www.findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/thenextstep/admitted/conditions.php
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@DntMessWitRohan wrote
I have no idea about the AIF supplementary stuff and I would like to learn more about it myself, can anyone please shed some light on it? I have already started but I'm not sure how they look at them...

As for conditions, it should all be explained in the package you receive, and which coincidentally is exactly what I'm waiting on as well!

I don't think you need to submit in the AIF.
You only need to submit AIF if you think you mark is going to go lower than the entrance average. You need to maintain a 78 average with minimum 70 in English ,AF and Calculus if you already got accepted early .

If you haven't got accepted by the next round of offer , than they recommend you to send it in.That is my understanding from their website. THIS IS WHAT I FOUND ON THEIR AIF SITE : You are not required to submit an AIF if you have already received an Offer of Admission, for programs in the Faculties of Arts (excluding AFM and GBDA), Environment (excluding Knowledge Integration), and Science (except Science and Business).

Was this helpful? Yes 0