yconic - Conditional offer terms
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Conditional offer terms

A photo of TigerBlood TigerBlood
I got into western engineering way back in march and decided to slack off. Only now I realized that I might not be able to maintain the 82 average that is required to maintain my admission(my final top5 in worst case scenario will be 78-80)

What do you think western will do if my final average hits 79 at end of june? Has any uni ever retracted an offer because of final average?

I know I can bring my marks up in the time that is left but I just cant stop thinking about it!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of ACEEGAN ACEEGAN
I've also been slacking off really badly since we got our midterm grades
I had an 88% average at midterm but Western wants your final average to be 87% to maintain your scholarship and 85% to be able to get into the major of your choice after 1st year i'm not sure that i'll be able to maintain even the 82% average considering i bombed my last 2 tests in physics and vectors
also you have to pay your residence deposit when you accept your offer so if you get rejected i think you dont get your money back
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ACEEGAN wrote
I've also been slacking off really badly since we got our midterm grades
I had an 88% average at midterm but Western wants your final average to be 87% to maintain your scholarship and 85% to be able to get into the major of your choice after 1st year i'm not sure that i'll be able to maintain even the 82% average considering i bombed my last 2 tests in physics and vectors
also you have to pay your residence deposit when you accept your offer so if you get rejected i think you dont get your money back

same!
my concern is that if the policy is actually enforced because I looked at western's 2010 cudo and they had 3.1% registrant with 75-79 average.
will they let you slide if you talk to them or are you totally screwed?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ACEEGAN ACEEGAN
i filled out that extracurricular/citizen thing a couple of months ago but i think thats only if you fall below the cutoff average to get accepted, not if your average drops once you've already been accepted
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ACEEGAN wrote
i filled out that extracurricular/citizen thing a couple of months ago but i think thats only if you fall below the cutoff average to get accepted, not if your average drops once you've already been accepted

are you planning on accepting western's offer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0