yconic - con-ed cut off averages
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

con-ed cut off averages

A photo of tdim tdim
I've applied to Brock, Queens', U of Ottawa (got early acceptance), UTM, and York, all for con-ed mathematics (except for Ottawa - I just chose mathematics). I've finished functions with an 88%, and my overall average right now should be about an 88 aswell. I have tons of extra curriculars, and teaching experience. I'm just wondering what my chances of getting in are, and which factor is most important - avg or experience? Any feedback would be great, thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
I haven't heard of anyone getting into Queen's con.ed without a 90 average, but if your PSE/education essay are that great you may have a chance. As for the others, I think you're going to get into all of them. You probably already know this, but York does 2nd year entry for con.ed so you'll have to apply after first year to get in at which point York turns quite competitive. I wouldn't go there just due to the uncertainty of actually being in con.ed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of melisrat melisrat
Grades are always big, but universities will look at the full package. They will assess other factors such as community involvement, work experience, and etc. But if you don't get accepted to a school, it's probably wasn't meant to be.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tdim tdim

@melisrat wrote
Grades are always big, but universities will look at the full package. They will assess other factors such as community involvement, work experience, and etc. But if you don't get accepted to a school, it's probably wasn't meant to be.

My updated average just barely makes the 90s, its at a 89.8. I've only gotten into Brock and UofOttawa so far, and im starting to freak out!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RisaHlymbicky RisaHlymbicky
I graduated high school with a 91% average, as did my friend, and neither of us got into the con ed program at Queen's. Both of us had teaching experience as well...it's a VERY competitive program, especially at that school. You never know though, that was last year too. Good luck and I'm asure you'll be happy wherever you end up going :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KClendenning KClendenning
I got into Trent Con-ed, and WLU Con-ed with an 85 average, but for Trent I also submitted a PSE that had a lot of extracirricular, work, and volunteer experience with children and youth. I think my average was okay for it, but it was the PSE that got me accepted (in my opinion anyway).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
Yes KClendenning, with that average your admission was almost certainly based on your PSE. My friend who had an 87 average for her top 6 was rejected even though people with lower averages were admitted. This is because of the PSE - obviously admissions didn't think hers was as good as some other PSEs that were sent.
Was this helpful? Yes 0