yconic - Con-ed or not? Glendon or Trent?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Con-ed or not? Glendon or Trent?

A photo of sabby597 sabby597
So I was accepted to Trent for concurrent education and Glendon (york) for just a normal B.A. my issue is that i want to be a french teacher and can't look past the extreme benefits of studying at a bilingual university.

The benefits of Trent however are that i have a pretty much guaranted B.ed at the end without the hassle and competitiveness of having to apply for teacher's college after four years.

glendon does have a second-year entry concurrent program, but of course at this point it is far from guaranteed, as it too is very competitive.

so, my big issue is do i take the risk of choosing glendon over a guaranteed B.ed?

any opinions would be appreciated? :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
If you're seriously interested in teaching French specifically I would go with Glendon. The environment there is a lot better for French learning. Of course, you can always do programs like Explore in Quebec to supplement your learning making it not a big difference, but that's your choice. In all, I would recommend you come to Trent only if there's a chance that you don't want to teach French (although you could still teach French with a Trent degree for sure!).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brittbsit brittbsit
sabby, what was your admission average into trent con ed?
if you are looking for french, then i would go to glendon, but as the education program is extremely difficult to get into then i would choose trent. if your marks are very high however, then you will most likely be accepted into the glendon education.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sabby597 sabby597
Thanks for the input guys :)....I ended up accepting my offer to Glendon :)

@brittbsit, I got in with an 83...but I expect to finish with an 85
Was this helpful? Yes 0