yconic - Conestoga Nursing
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Conestoga Nursing

A photo of currymasta currymasta
My girlfriend really wanted to get into conestoga's nursing program with mac and she got rejected before midterms marks went in cause she didn't have bio and data first semester. So right now she's thinking about going to mohawk/mac program or the fanshawe/western program if she gets accepted to those. Do you guys know if she could go to another school for first year and then switch into conestoga second year or go to conestoga and take all the nursing classes and switch into the actual program second year? Or is there possibly anything else she could do?

Thanks for the input, we really appreciate it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of mccannca466 mccannca466
She will need bio and a math course for ANY nursing collab program. Does she have them now? She will not get into nursing anywhere without these. If she does, tell her to call Conestoga, explain her situation and see if they will accept her. It will be very difficult - next to impossible I believe - to transfer to another college in this way. Collab programs are already special because they allow you to take courses at the university. If she would like to attend university for a few years, I would advise the Western/Fanshawe program. The first 2 years are at Fanshawe, but then for years 3 and 4 you are entirely at Western.

With the MoMac program, you are at Mohawk for all 4 years, but you get to take most of your courses every year at McMaster. I have friends in this program who spend 3 days a week at Mac, and the other 2 taking their electives at Mohawk. If she is looking for a richer experience, she may not prefer the ConMac program, because with Conestoga you have to take all your courses there. It's too far to go to Mac.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of currymasta currymasta
She took bio and data but she has them now in second semester and apparently conestoga needs applicants to take it first semester. She called conestoga and they told her she wasn't getting in cause conestoga needs those classes first semester
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mccannca466 mccannca466
She will have toc all her other choices and see what they say. If those don't work out, she may have to do a victory lap and reapply for a 2013 start.
Was this helpful? Yes 0