yconic - Confused About Applying (UWO)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Confused About Applying (UWO)

A photo of cdndc cdndc
Hi everyone. I'm going into grade 12 and it's time to start thinking about applying. I really really REALLY want to go to Western so I was looking at their site but there's one thing that really confuses me.

I know for a FACT that I want to go into French, but I'm also leaning towards computer science as well. My problem is that I don't have all of the prerequisites to get into the course. I understand that there are courses you can take to get into the programs at the U but do I have to actually still need the grade 12 science and math courses to get into CS or can I add them in as just extra courses (if I do get in for French of course).

I really hope someone can help because I have been stressing out so much, and it's still summer vacation! Thanks in advance!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
You should take grade 12 math and science if you think you possibly want to go into any sort of science/math related field. If you don't you're going to make it really difficult for yourself, as most university math/science courses have high school prereqs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
^ agree with ktel.

Take the pre-reqs required by the faculty of science and French and English for French.
Was this helpful? Yes 0