yconic - Co-op experience
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Co-op experience

A photo of SDHN SDHN
Would having a co-op makine someone a stronger applicant for a business undergrad program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Not sure what you mean by this...

Do you mean will high school co-op help you get into university? No not at all. Universities look at your top 6 U/M courses and co-op is neither.

If you mean university co-op help you get a job, then yea. But ideally your coop placement would hire you if you performed well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Coop at high school is a great program and something I regret not taking. Some kids from my high school got very legit coops. One of my friends did a full semester, 4 credit coop at a big 5 Canadian Bank as an admin assistant. Some of my friends got accounting gigs for small companies. These experiences could really help you stand out in your applications.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
ya i wish i had done it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of civicCA civicCA
I did co-op last semester when I was in grade 11, and I got a terrific placement as a bank clerk at Scotiabank. It was very interesting and insightful. I am quite glad I took it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0