yconic - Co-op or non co-op for UTSC Management?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Co-op or non co-op for UTSC Management?

A photo of cocoappleli cocoappleli
Should I apply for the co-op one or the regular program for management?
I know that co-op is definitely better, but I'm scared I'm not able to get in... So I'm thinking of apply for the regular one so that I have a more chance of getting in.... Should I do that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Is it possible to apply for both? If so, do that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
I doubt they will let you apply to both (although it is something to look into), but it's possible that the alternate offer to co-op is non co-op. If this is the case, there is no reason not to apply to co-op. Otherwise, I would wait before applying and see how much you can up your average in the meantime. You will have to weigh the loss of co-op against the loss of not getting into the program altogether. Personally I'd be banking on getting into co-op, but others would rather go the safe route. It'll be up to you to decide.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote
I doubt they will let you apply to both (although it is something to look into), but it's possible that the alternate offer to co-op is non co-op. If this is the case, there is no reason not to apply to co-op. Otherwise, I would wait before applying and see how much you can up your average in the meantime. You will have to weigh the loss of co-op against the loss of not getting into the program altogether. Personally I'd be banking on getting into co-op, but others would rather go the safe route. It'll be up to you to decide.

No I think I can only choose one...
Yes, they say that they will consider me for the non co-op one if I don't make it for co-op. But there's still no guarentees... So I don't know if I should go the safe route or take a risk.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@cocoappleli wrote

@g93 wrote

Yes, they say that they will consider me for the non co-op one if I don't make it for co-op. But there's still no guarentees... So I don't know if I should go the safe route or take a risk.

What are your marks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Joshki wrote

@cocoappleli wrote

@g93 wrote

What are your marks?

My current marks are:
English: 84 (I'll try making that a 85% or more)
Data Management: 91 (I'll try my best to get 94% by the end of this semester)
Sports and Entertainment Marketing: 90 (I'll try my best to get 94% or 95%)
Advanced Functions: 97 (That's final, because I took it last year)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LampShade LampShade
CO-OP!!! a high 80 average will do just fine, and if you get lower than that, you should be getting an alternative offer. (I know people who've received pre-mgmt and mgmt instead of coop). Also, this gives you some added incentive to push you to do well ;D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LampShade wrote
CO-OP!!! a high 80 average will do just fine, and if you get lower than that, you should be getting an alternative offer. (I know people who've received pre-mgmt and mgmt instead of coop). Also, this gives you some added incentive to push you to do well ;D

But wouldn't regular be "safer"? Or is it kind of the same, because even if I don't get co-op, I'll definitely get into the regular program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ThaoPhan ThaoPhan
You should just apply to the co-op management program, cause say you don't get accepted to that they would offer you an alternative option (usually the non co-op or pre program). So technically it's safer to go with the co-op program. Your average seems good enough, but I know some people with high 80's who did not get in cause of their supplementary application. So make sure you really write that well!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ThaoPhan wrote
You should just apply to the co-op management program, cause say you don't get accepted to that they would offer you an alternative option (usually the non co-op or pre program). So technically it's safer to go with the co-op program. Your average seems good enough, but I know some people with high 80's who did not get in cause of their supplementary application. So make sure you really write that well!

What's the pre program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0