yconic - Course load difficulty - getting into Ivey
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Course load difficulty - getting into Ivey

A photo of Bure Bure
I just recently signed up for my first year courses at UWO this fall, but I'm starting to have second doubts because I'm worried about the difficulty of my course load. I'm supposed to be majoring in Poli Sci, but I plan on getting into Ivey after my 2nd year. I don't have AEO, so I'll probably need an average of at least 83%.

The courses I'm taking are Poli Sci, Psychology, Intro to Business, Micro/Macro Econ, and Intro to Calc/Methods of Calc.

Do you guys think I've bitten of more than I can realistically expect to chew? Should I replace one of those more difficult courses with some bird courses?

I thought about doing some combination of Math1229/Multimedia and Photoshop/Comp Sci instead of Psychology or Intro to Biz, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it because I like Psych and Intro to Biz too much.

Pyschology is a subject I'm really interested in, and apparently its a purely knowledge based course with MC exams and little to no assignments. I feel like it's my sort of class and I just really wanted to take it.

Intro to Biz is the one I'm really considering dropping. I'm fairly interested in the course material, and I think I'd be engaged in the class discussions, but apparently it's a lot of work and very had to get a good mark. It would be good prep for Ivey too. I want to take on the challenge, but I'm worried that I'm being foolish and cocky.

Should I drop any of my current classes and replace them with easier courses? Do you recommend taking bird courses, or challenging courses that I'm actually interested in? Is there anywhere that I could find the past class averages for these courses?

Thanks

Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@Bure wrote
I just recently signed up for my first year courses at UWO this fall, but I'm starting to have second doubts because I'm worried about the difficulty of my course load. I'm supposed to be majoring in Poli Sci, but I plan on getting into Ivey after my 2nd year. I don't have AEO, so I'll probably need an average of at least 83%.

The courses I'm taking are Poli Sci, Psychology, Intro to Business, Micro/Macro Econ, and Intro to Calc/Methods of Calc.

Do you guys think I've bitten of more than I can realistically expect to chew? Should I replace one of those more difficult courses with some bird courses?

I thought about doing some combination of Math1229/Multimedia and Photoshop/Comp Sci instead of Psychology or Intro to Biz, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it because I like Psych and Intro to Biz too much.

Pyschology is a subject I'm really interested in, and apparently its a purely knowledge based course with MC exams and little to no assignments. I feel like it's my sort of class and I just really wanted to take it.

Intro to Biz is the one I'm really considering dropping. I'm fairly interested in the course material, and I think I'd be engaged in the class discussions, but apparently it's a lot of work and very had to get a good mark. It would be good prep for Ivey too. I want to take on the challenge, but I'm worried that I'm being foolish and cocky.

Should I drop any of my current classes and replace them with easier courses? Do you recommend taking bird courses, or challenging courses that I'm actually interested in? Is there anywhere that I could find the past class averages for these courses?

Thanks

If I were you I'd definitely drop Intro to Business.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted